Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more
Can't Access your Account?
New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
I am fairly new to Ďseriousí digital imaging and with the help of several books I am learning how to use Elements v5. Mostly I view my images on a computer screen but I would also like occasionally to have some quality prints made for framing and hanging. I have recently bought my first DSLR, a Canon EOS450D and Iím about to experiment with shooting in RAW. A few questions, for starters:
1. Setting the cameraís colour space. Which setting should I use: Adobe RGB or sRGB?
2. I have installed Canonís bundled software, Digital Photo Professional on my computer with a view to using it to process images captured in RAW. I havenít read any reviews of this package and would appreciate any evaluations from epz members.
3. At what stage is it useful to transfer the image from DPP to Elements, and can this only be done by first converting it to a jpeg file?
Many thanks in advance for replies. Chris
Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.
1) RGB for printing and sRGB for viewing on the computer
2) DPP is a good package for you raw work
3) When you are happy with what you have done with the Raw file in DPP you then want to transfer it as a Tiff to do you final tweaking in elements .
ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.
You must be a member to leave a comment
Get the latest photography news straight from ePHOTOzine in your email every month and win prizes!
1st March 2014 - 31st March 2014
Check out ePHOTOzine's inspirational photo month calendar! Each day click on a window to unveil new photography tips, treats and techniques.
View March's Photo Month Calendar