Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Advise needed | Capturing divine particles

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sclarke12
    sclarke12  1 Australia
    6 Nov 2012 - 1:13 PM

Hi I represent a spiritual organisation that has a miraculous phenomenon happening in an ashram in India.

Divine particles which look like gold dust have been appearing on various objects and people in the ashram. Please see attached link for example photos.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/109922208962658677651/November6201203?authkey=Gv1sR...

We need help with capturing the following frames
    1. Currently our issue is that we can only capture the particles appearing on a hand if we zoom in. The problem is we cannot see the whole hand. We would like to capture the particle with the whole hand in the same frame
    2. Divine particles are seen all around the hand (i.e. in the air) of His Holiness Dr Athavale. The particles move with great speed in the air around the hand and hence even though they can be seen with the eye they cannot be captured on camera. We need to capture the divine particles in motion around the hand.

We are currently using the camera canon eos60d 18-135 lens

Does anyone have any idea on how to capture the above camera, lens or lighting?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Nov 2012 - 1:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett
    ikett  4351 forum posts England
    6 Nov 2012 - 1:32 PM

Look like hot pixels to me Wink

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139452 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2012 - 1:35 PM

Lol @ Ian! Grin

Perhaps a macro lens would be good for this type of thing.

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2012 - 1:58 PM

we do get some right muppets join EPZ with their spam i tell ya

puertouk
    puertouk  21073 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2012 - 2:01 PM

Oh dear, whatever floats your boat!

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53627 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2012 - 2:12 PM

Well i reckon you'll want a focus stacking solution for that one with the macro lens suggested above. that'll get the small particles and still have enough DOF to see the whole hand. There must be a divine number up in the 1000's that matches the number of frames required.

Although for small items like that a phone camera with its smaller sensor would be more suited for a good DOF.
    Of course if you had a phone perhaps texts could be sent rather than gold dust that isn't gold - joking.

Personally I'd also be worried about possible copper processing plants in the area emitting particles in the factory smoke.

fraser
    fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2012 - 3:38 PM

So, what was all that money spent on CERN for?

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139452 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Nov 2012 - 5:10 PM

How about shooting video while the divine particles circulate around the hand of His Holiness? Smile

Then you can take stills from the video. Better still, post the video on YouTube.

Article about the particles here.

bigalguitarpicker

Nice to see manifestations are still happening. Sometimes the faithfull have a long wait to endure, buit fruition eventually occurs. It's been quite a while now since the last moving statue incident in Ireland. The faithfull were flocking in droves to pray and repent at the alleged scene. The local priest was interviewed by the media and asked to give his opinion on it all, which condensed was along the lines of "Well, ye'll find that the church moves a lot slower than the statues in these cases!"

Carabosse
    6 Nov 2012 - 11:30 PM

Would be interesting to hear what Sean, the OP, thinks about the video idea. I'd be most interested to see this.... not enough manifestations are captured as moving images. Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.