Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Advise needed | Capturing divine particles

Hi I represent a spiritual organisation that has a miraculous phenomenon happening in an ashram in India.

Divine particles which look like gold dust have been appearing on various objects and people in the ashram. Please see attached link for example photos.
https://picasaweb.google.com/109922208962658677651/November6201203?authkey=Gv1sRgCPG5_bX9-brYtwE

We need help with capturing the following frames
1. Currently our issue is that we can only capture the particles appearing on a hand if we zoom in. The problem is we cannot see the whole hand. We would like to capture the particle with the whole hand in the same frame
2. Divine particles are seen all around the hand (i.e. in the air) of His Holiness Dr Athavale. The particles move with great speed in the air around the hand and hence even though they can be seen with the eye they cannot be captured on camera. We need to capture the divine particles in motion around the hand.

We are currently using the camera canon eos60d 18-135 lens

Does anyone have any idea on how to capture the above camera, lens or lighting?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett e2
4 372 England
6 Nov 2012 1:32PM
Look like hot pixels to me Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Nov 2012 1:35PM
Lol @ Ian! Grin

Perhaps a macro lens would be good for this type of thing.
mohikan22 e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 1:58PM
we do get some right muppets join EPZ with their spam i tell ya
puertouk e2
3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 2:01PM
Oh dear, whatever floats your boat!
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2012 2:12PM
Well i reckon you'll want a focus stacking solution for that one with the macro lens suggested above. that'll get the small particles and still have enough DOF to see the whole hand. There must be a divine number up in the 1000's that matches the number of frames required.

Although for small items like that a phone camera with its smaller sensor would be more suited for a good DOF.
Of course if you had a phone perhaps texts could be sent rather than gold dust that isn't gold - joking.

Personally I'd also be worried about possible copper processing plants in the area emitting particles in the factory smoke.
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
6 Nov 2012 3:38PM
So, what was all that money spent on CERN for?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Nov 2012 5:10PM
How about shooting video while the divine particles circulate around the hand of His Holiness? Smile

Then you can take stills from the video. Better still, post the video on YouTube.

Article about the particles here .
Nice to see manifestations are still happening. Sometimes the faithfull have a long wait to endure, buit fruition eventually occurs. It's been quite a while now since the last moving statue incident in Ireland. The faithfull were flocking in droves to pray and repent at the alleged scene. The local priest was interviewed by the media and asked to give his opinion on it all, which condensed was along the lines of "Well, ye'll find that the church moves a lot slower than the statues in these cases!"
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Nov 2012 11:30PM
Would be interesting to hear what Sean, the OP, thinks about the video idea. I'd be most interested to see this.... not enough manifestations are captured as moving images. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.