Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Advise on christening photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SimonGrindle
1 Oct 2012 - 9:24 AM

Hey guys,
Just quick update about the Christening Yesterday.

The Methodist church was changed last minute and I didn't get chance to even go before hand or to even talk to the Vicar. However I turned up early to look around the venue and to talk to the Vicar. There wasn't much light and the place was very small, I was planning on using my 50-200mm lens but with it being so small I had to change my lens to 18-55m, on top of this the Vicar wouldn't allow photography at all during the ceremony, therefore I couldn't get the price shot of Kyrahs head over the font, along with this the grounds of the Methodist church wasn't exactly "beautiful" coming straight out onto a main road.

So my plans had be ruined before I even started, however I believe I got shots that parents will love inside the church and also at the party venue. I will post some pictures up in the next couple of days when I've finished editing.

All in all I had a great day being able to take shots of such a beautiful baby, her family and godparents.

Would I try again?
Yes I would definitely love to shoot a christening again however I would definitely prefer if it was in a Church where the vicar allowed photography during the ceremony.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Oct 2012 - 9:24 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MattK
MattK e2 Member 263 forum postsMattK vcard United Kingdom
4 Oct 2012 - 8:00 AM

Hi Simon

Sounds like you had a right challenge on your hands! Fair play to you for getting on with it and still getting some nice shots.

I was obviously very lucky!

It sounds as though you did a good job and managed it well so I am looking forward to seeing some photos from the day Smile

Matt

SimonGrindle
17 Oct 2012 - 9:18 AM

Here are some of the pictures, Not the best place for an album, but I put it on there for the Kyrahs Mum as she doesnt have a computer. Will be uploading to Flickr soon.

Any comments bad or good Grin

Kyrahs Christening

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.