Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

AEB am I missing something?

Warriorpoet e2
6 213 3 England
12 Feb 2009 10:43AM
I decided to have a go at the HDR malarky and for the first time had a play with the AEB setting. From the manual I was expecting to click the shutter once and get three exposure whereas I have to click three times and get +/-0 on the first click then +2 then -2. I am shooting in both raw and jpeg together so get a total of six shots for my three clicks of the shutter.
Just wondered if this is correct?

Dave

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
12 Feb 2009 10:47AM
yup - that's how it works
JamesBurns
6 1.3k 7
12 Feb 2009 10:47AM
Yup... That's the way it works.

EDIT: dammit Ade, that extra word cost me valuable seconds!
Warriorpoet e2
6 213 3 England
12 Feb 2009 10:57AM
Thanks guys for your super quick responses. Now I need a decent sunset to practice on. Trouble is if, and it's a big if, I get the hang of HDR I wonder if my expensive filter system is going to become redundant lol
DCW e2
7 39 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2009 11:05AM
On my camera (canon EOS 400D) I set the AEB bracketing, also set the timer function so as to prevent camera shake and it take's all three shots one after the other so I get 3 shots for my one click.
12 Feb 2009 11:05AM
If you put the camera on self-timer then you can just press the shutter button the once and it'll rattle the three AEB exposures off by itself.

Edit: Darn it .... too slow Wink
MikeA e2
10 1.2k England
12 Feb 2009 11:19AM
As well as using the timer I cover the eye piece, just hang the lens cap on the rubber cup to prevent light entering and upsetting the exposure. Also use manual focus to prevent the camera refocusing and causing a blurry image.
Warriorpoet e2
6 213 3 England
12 Feb 2009 11:28AM
Self timer, there's another feature I haven't tried. I have an infra red remote built into the grip but I will certainly give it a go and the tips about the eye piece and manual focus.
Thanks
Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.