Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Ahh the memories

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
20 Apr 2012 1:02PM
The situation at work has been getting to me a little recently, those of you who know me will realise that means it must be really bad.

At lunchtime today I went looking for a pic in my portfolio, to post for the daily topic. What actually happened was that I got hooked, going through my old photos, looking at the various techniques I have tried (with varying levels of success) and reading the comments.

What became obvious was the following:

- Some of my photos got less attention than I thought they deserved
- Some of my photos got more attention than I thought they deserved
- I can instantly recognise the location of 99% of my photos (which is a miracle according to Robbie)
- Thanks to photography in general and ePhotozine in particular I've been to some spectacular places, been frozen, boiled, sandblasted and generally weather beaten. Got up at stupid o'clock, gone to bed at stupid o'clock, drunk too much (occasionally), been a taxi/sleeper for those who have drunk too much (frequently), met a fantastic bunch of people (some of whom I would even call friends) and generally had a brilliant time.

The result of this has been to buck my spirits right up and make me realise that, no matter how cr*p my work week is at the moment I have something really good to fall back on (in addition to Robbie that is, who doesn't mind me falling on her Wink ).

So, if you're feeling low, look back at your portfolio and remember what you've achieved and who you've met.

Have a good weekend all.

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
20 Apr 2012 1:09PM
Thanks Ian, what a super uplifting thought as the end of a long week - roll on the weekend.
Thank you yourself for sharing such interesting photo's with the rest of us as well.
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
20 Apr 2012 2:01PM
Thanks Ian. I've just looked through my portfolio and I feel depressed....
Tongue
20 Apr 2012 2:09PM
lol, I know your portfolio so I know you must be joking. Smile
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
20 Apr 2012 2:11PM
I've just looked through Ian's portfolio and it's cheered me up no end.

Things could be a lot worse Wink
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Apr 2012 2:18PM
^^^ LOL
20 Apr 2012 2:28PM
Rotfl!! I thought you'd be having your hot chocolate and biccies in your retirement home at this time Boyd!
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
20 Apr 2012 6:43PM
Nice one Ian. Wink
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
20 Apr 2012 7:08PM
I looked through my portfolio (took me about 5 seconds)....

Quote:been a taxi/sleeper for those who have drunk too much (frequently)

And very comfortable your car was too.

Grin
20 Apr 2012 7:09PM
Actually, I bumped into Boyd at Focus and that cheered me up Smile
20 Apr 2012 7:10PM
Think I might go out with my new G12 tomorrow and see if I remember how to take photos. Then I might sell all my SLR gear and buy a motorbike.
20 Apr 2012 10:54PM
I can see you on a Harley or a big old BSA twin Smile
21 Apr 2012 12:09AM
Nah, something Japanese and insanely fast Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
21 Apr 2012 1:01AM

Quote:Nah, something Japanese and insanely fast

honda-hobbit.jpg

Grin Grin
779HOB 2 1.1k United Kingdom
21 Apr 2012 7:21AM
Itís true a look through our archives is a good thing to do. Someone is currently sorting and tagging my work from 2007 to 2012 Ė about 76,000 images. I tend to take, process, dump in a folder and run. But this sorting and tagging process has meant me having to look at older images and put names and places to them.

I nearly quit my job this week but looking at the old images also made me remember that the purpose of me working where I do is to fund my photography and give me the freedom not to have to say yes to photo work I donít want to do.

Some of the photos we found that I like most are of my daughters when they were very little taken on my crappy phone from about 6 years ago.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.