Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Airshow/sport/bird camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Stickleman
    29 Aug 2013 - 7:53 PM

Hi,looking for a bit advice about buying a used camera for the above subjects.My main concerns at the moment are autofocus speed rather than pixels,and for my budget of around 400-450 I can get a D2x or a D7000. Basically is the older 'Pro' camera better suited to fast moving subjects than the newer 'enthusiast' model. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Aug 2013 - 7:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
    29 Aug 2013 - 9:19 PM

No only problem you will face with the d7000 is the buffer filling and having to wait. The af is more advanced than the d2x. The D300/s is also worth looking at over the D7000.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 29 Aug 2013 - 9:20 PM
    GarethRobinson
    29 Aug 2013 - 9:46 PM

"No only problem you will face with the d7000 is the buffer filling and having to wait." when shooting in raw.

thewilliam
    29 Aug 2013 - 11:14 PM

The D2X is excellent in the studio where it's probably working at base ISO but the high ISO performance is lamentable. It's better to look at the next generation such as D300, D300s or D700 because noise will be reduced and AF will be faster.

NEWDIGIT
    NEWDIGIT  3401 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Sep 2013 - 3:33 PM

On your budget the d7000 is a good bet .
    You would struggle to find a "good" used D2x at your budget also you will need suitable lenses, so extra funds will need to be allocated at least double what you intend paying for the body

thewilliam
    12 Sep 2013 - 7:06 PM

With your budget, you'll need to decide what features you can do without. The D300S might have the best balance of reasonable hi ISO performance, AF response, pixel count and price.

The "pro" cameras are intended for heavy use and inconsiderate treatment so are very well weather sealed.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.