Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Album Query

KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
28 Apr 2012 8:15AM
I wonder if someone could help please.

I've been updating my EPZ albums, but have been having a problem getting back to EPZ. When you 'Manage' your albums a page comes up over your portfolio (for you to choose which photograph you want to move to an album). How can I remove this page? I cannot see a 'x' anywhere. I've been closing down the site and re-opening again!

It's probably really obvious and I shall have a 'thud' (head hitting desk) moment when I find out! Grin Thanks in anticipation!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
28 Apr 2012 8:56AM
Could you post a screen shot. I just tried and it worked fine. The X on my pop up manager is top right
28 Apr 2012 9:13AM
Hi Pete, well (don't laugh) but David will tell you I am hopeless at getting 'screen shots', so I've taken a picture with my camera!

img-0206.jpg

This time I have half a 'x' - which is more then I had last time! Could it be something to do with the tool bar across the top of my screen?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
28 Apr 2012 9:30AM
lol yes the tool bar is doing it. You can click the F5 key to remove the window

If you want to do a screen shot in future just click the print screen button on your keyboard. That like doing Ctrl C (copy) and then in a program (image editor etc) with a new file open click paste and the whole screen will appear. Crop out any unwanted area and show that.
28 Apr 2012 9:34AM
Thanks Pete.

Poor David has had plenty of 'thud' moments trying to teach me - I shall now go away and practice. Hopefully next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time! Wink) I shall have it all ready and prepared!! Smile
28 Apr 2012 10:42AM
Hey Pete! My first screen shot!! Grin

1-untitled.jpg

Now written into 'Purple Book' so I don't forget!!
I still had a few problems (i.e. just couldn't do it), so I 'googled' and found out where I was going wrong - it is SSSssoo simple, when you know how!
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
28 Apr 2012 11:22AM
But remember to crop if you don't want to show all the contents of your web browser/screen. Could have password or user info that is better kept private.

On that note a reviewer from one of our competitors posted a screenshot in a review that showed the illegal download file sharing software he was using across the bottom - not the sort of activity a responsible magazine should be projecting.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.