Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A level photography project work help please!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul_Anthony
9 Oct 2012 - 10:18 PM

I once set up a Violin Studio Shoot. My favorite shots from the session were the ones where the model was not pretending to play the violin. Just using it as prop. The resulting images seemed more expressive and reflective of her true personality.

Paul

0004-violin.jpg

005-grey-12x8.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Oct 2012 - 10:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jogennard
jogennard  7117 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Oct 2012 - 12:29 PM

For my BA Photography I took pictures of people in military uniform then took another portrait of them in their 'other life.' One was a triathlete so he wore Lycra, one was a mum so took portrait with her kids, etc etc. try to think of the other things that people do that may not be so obvious.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41174 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2012 - 12:51 PM

What about a double/multiple exposure with the same person in different guises? You can even do it as a self portrait. You could even do it in a graveyard if you wanted!

Nick

KevSB
KevSB  101403 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
19 Oct 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have an appology to the op, Im very often wrong and believe my self to be sensere enough to admit I was wrong again, I made a critisum of the op about using the Graveyard as a backdrop, As id not done that before it seemed a little wrong to me, I must have been in real grumpy mode(comes with age).

The change of mind! well this weekend I found myself in a graveyard and taking pictures, and it did not feel uncomfortable at all, sinse then ive thought about this post and wanted to appologise and eat humble pie.

Taff
Taff  959 forum posts Scotland
2 Nov 2012 - 2:06 PM

Hi Alice,

I might have an idea for you...........

It's pretty simple, but it might just work if you can get the angles right.

1. Using a tripod, take a photo of someone with a big smile on their face looking into a decent size mirror. The photo needs to be taken so you can see the person and their reflection in the mirror (The tricky bit)

2. Take another photo same set up, same person, same clothing - this time with an angry look on their face / make up smeared / ruffled hair perhaps?

3. Open the both images in Photoshop - then 'cut' the image of the angry person into the reflection in the mirror in the 1st image.

Hence - The smiling person is looking into the mirror, but the reflection shows an angry person - "Unseen Personality"

Just a thought Smile

Good luck with the assignment

Taf

Taff
Taff  959 forum posts Scotland
3 Nov 2012 - 7:58 AM

Hi Alice,

Just had a peek at your Portfolio - The shot "Through the looking glass" is spookily similar to the one I'm proposing above. You'd need to change the camera angle slightly so you can see more of your face, but it's almost there!

A project for this weekend perhaps?

Please show us your final results Smile

Regards

Taf

jembo
jembo  10103 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Nov 2012 - 11:19 PM

Saw this article a while ago;

http://www.demilked.com/non-classical-portraits-of-classical-musicians/

Good luck.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.