Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

All is very quiet in here!!!!!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
polis_928tadw59

BEER FESTIVAL IN OTLEY ? Must be the pits that. The only thing I can think of is - "I'd sooner be up home suppin'(Yorkshire word) red paint."GrinTongue

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Nov 2011 - 8:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014556 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2011 - 9:46 PM

Quote: BEER FESTIVAL IN OTLEY ? Must be the pits that. The only thing I can think of is - "I'd sooner be up home suppin'(Yorkshire word) red paint."GrinTongue

Never tried red paint - any good? Quite partial to turps

polis_928tadw59

Red paint, possibly. Used to be a saying up in the North East, if the beer was a bit off, "I'd sooner sup red paint." Also, at the start of the night, first few drinkers in the bar would hold their glasses up to the light, and if there was the slightest of things in the beer, the cry would go up, "FLOATERS" and the landlord would have to change all the pints. Mind most men had drank at least a third of the pint.Grin

ade_mcfade
21 Nov 2011 - 6:54 PM

do you like beer?

polis_928tadw59

DO I LIKE BEER ? Absolutely love it. Dad used to say, "There's no such thing as a bad pint." But when I first came to Yorkshire, the bitters took some getting used to. And I remember a pub in Heckmondwike which sold Ramsden's Stone Trough Ales.

ade_mcfade
21 Nov 2011 - 7:15 PM

Do you like beer in Otley?

polis_928tadw59

Probably, but I don't intend driving there, and walking back.!!!

ade_mcfade
21 Nov 2011 - 7:19 PM

You should go to a beer festival in otley if you like beer and otley

polis_928tadw59

Ade," One does not need a beer festival to enjoy beer." I think HM The Queen once said that. And I agree with her.Smile

ade_mcfade
21 Nov 2011 - 7:26 PM

beer festivals are good

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63201 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
22 Nov 2011 - 9:45 AM

I'll drink to that shentiment!

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61581 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom572 Constructive Critique Points
22 Nov 2011 - 2:57 PM

I used to like beer (Mansfield bitter) but it made me stumble about or fall off bar stools. then i had to stop drinking altogether 20 odd years ago, alergic reaction to it apparently. now i cant drink anything alcoholic in any strength or form without being really poorly. but then i never could.
Phil

polis_928tadw59

Poor bugga. There must be nothing whatsoever left in this world for you.Wink But always look on the bright side of the beer bar.Smile

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 9:02 AM

I don't drink but if they ever took chocolate off the shelves, oh my goodness that doesn't bear thinking about Tongue

JJGEE
JJGEE  96104 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
23 Nov 2011 - 10:30 AM

Quote: but if they ever took chocolate off the shelves, oh my goodness that doesn't bear thinking about

Especially at Audrey's ! !

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.