Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Alternative to Sky TV

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2011 - 7:11 AM

Quote: Is the iPlayer back on Humax? It wasn't working last time I looked Sad

We don't use it every day but my wife used it on Tuesday to watch the episode of Antiques Road Trip that she had missed. Was fine then and since.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jan 2011 - 7:11 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arnieg
arnieg  10682 forum posts England
6 Jan 2011 - 8:40 AM

bbc iplayers on 901 with itv iplayer on 903 bbc working itv on beta with a code

MrGoatsmilk
6 Jan 2011 - 8:56 AM

Got a both the Bush Frresat HD and a Humax Freesat HD with 320GB HDD, both fantastic and easy to use but the Humax is the one that gets used in the main room now as I can record to HDD with series link either HD or SD. The Humax also has 2 tuners so can have a quad LNB on the dish to feed upto 4 tuners. So one for the Bush then 2 x for the Humax and a spare feed for expansion. Humax can record 2 channles whilst watching pre recorded, or record one whilst watching another.

There are some good reviews and help on AVForums,

Iplayer works fine on both, iplayer is available via red button on freesat BBC channels but not CBBC.

HTH

Stu

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2011 - 10:37 AM

What's TV?

I've got EPZ, i-player, Photoshop and C1 on my computer and that's all I need.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53668 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2011 - 2:34 PM

We use FreeSat and Freeview, freeview HD is not yet available in Staines near Heathrow but its coming.

The FreeSat dish from amazon (or reuse your sky one if you had one) was easy to install with the little 5 tuner needle box - i did it in the dark one evening as it even had a lit display. The twin cables were fiddely but OK to add the connectors and drill the holes.
Then straight into the Freesat box and follow setup options, also we wanted some bollywood cinema channels so added these too, we now have about 3-400 channels (yes mostly crap), in these extra free channels we can reveive a few of the sky unencrypted channels, lots of religious mostly Christian/Islamic channels telling you what to think. A few french/german channels, loads of shopping/life style channels, some bikini chat tv, some psychic chat tv. and finally the bollywood and music tv channels we actually use sometimes.
(I hate the idea of paying Sky 360 each year for TV i'll hardly watch.)

In terms of a PVR, we don't have one - too much live telly to watch - Mostly Dave. The next thing on the list is the PC connected to the TV to stream movies off the net when BT infinity finally gets to us. Then the PC may become my PVR for storing movies/series.

ckristoff
ckristoff  10941 forum posts Wales
6 Jan 2011 - 6:35 PM

Hmmmm...........

no mention of BT's TV package. Does anyone have a subscription to BT Vision, and how good is it?

I'm currently with Sky with HD Skyplus - but the box goes on the blink at least once a month!

Frank.

podgod
podgod  10494 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2011 - 7:01 PM

I've actually heard good things about the BT package, but as I only watch two or three hours of TV a week and then mainly BBC, it was getting it for free that was my main priority, that and being able to record it.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.