Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Am I being petty.

22 Sep 2009 2:30PM
I recently sent a lens away for repair, when attached to the camera the camera was returning a "no lens" attached fault.

The cost of the repair was way too high so I asked for the lens to be returned, I was charged 4.60 more then it cost me to send it using the same Royal Mail service, I can live with that, what has annoyed me is that the lens was sent in it's original box, but returned with out it, only a small point but having being striped for an extra 4.60 I thought I might at least get back every thing I sent.

To compound my niggle, I sent my camera to the same company for a repair, it came back with three specks of dust on the view finder, a minor irritation which I decided to live with until the camera next needs cleaning.

I've sent an email asking for the original packaging, now I'm sitting here wondering if I'm turning into a grumpy old man.

One bonus is that the lens now works Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
22 Sep 2009 2:36PM
I would also have asked them to return the original box. Not having it can effect the value of the lens.

As to the 4.60, you have to bear in mind that P&P includes allowance for the time taken to pack it and post it, so that seems reasonable to me.

Ian
csurry 12 9.2k 92
22 Sep 2009 2:54PM
I can't say whether other factors make you a grumpy old man, but expecting the box to be returned is not unreasonable Wink

As Ian says it can affect the price if you come to sell the item on.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
22 Sep 2009 3:05PM

Quote:Am I being petty.

Not at all IMO Robert. Just make sure they return that box in good condition. Wink
23 Sep 2009 11:17AM
Good point Digicamamd Wink

Interestingly I've received no rely to my email, in the past emails have been replied to more or less instantly during the day.
john64 e2
10 824 England
23 Sep 2009 1:16PM

Quote:I'm sitting here wondering if I'm turning into a grumpy old man.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.
Wink
RipleyExile 11 1.6k 17 England
23 Sep 2009 1:18PM

Quote:Interestingly I've received no rely to my email, in the past emails have been replied to more or less instantly during the day.

Probably delaying the inevitable day when they have to tell you they've lost it (thrown it away).
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
23 Sep 2009 6:01PM
I'm a grumpy old man, but look like Cliff Richard! Smile

Frank.
f8 11 9.2k 22 England
23 Sep 2009 10:19PM
Cliff Richard is a grumpy old man because he hasn't had a record in the charts for eons,now he is trying to make a comeback with the remnants of the shadows on a tour.
24 Sep 2009 2:03PM
I'm getting grumpier now, still no reply to my emails.

I think ignoring a customers requests says a lot about a company, whether they have a god reputation previously or not.
simont 10 2.2k 4 England
24 Sep 2009 5:22PM
So name and shame the company.
24 Sep 2009 6:24PM

Quote:So name and shame the company.

Is that allowed on this forum?

I've sent a final email this evening, we'll see what that brings tomorrow.

I'll give consumer direct a call then to see what the best course of action is, I imagine spray painting their building with appropriate slogans will be a no, no Smile
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
24 Sep 2009 6:56PM

Quote:Is that allowed on this forum?

Don't see why not, as long as you are telling the truth then I can't see any issues. People moan about all sorts of companies on here.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
24 Sep 2009 6:59PM
Why can't you call them instead of email?
24 Sep 2009 7:03PM

Quote:Why can't you call them instead of email?

I have done, but the person I need to speak to isn't available.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.