Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Am I being petty.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

southsnapper
22 Sep 2009 - 2:30 PM

I recently sent a lens away for repair, when attached to the camera the camera was returning a "no lens" attached fault.

The cost of the repair was way too high so I asked for the lens to be returned, I was charged 4.60 more then it cost me to send it using the same Royal Mail service, I can live with that, what has annoyed me is that the lens was sent in it's original box, but returned with out it, only a small point but having being striped for an extra 4.60 I thought I might at least get back every thing I sent.

To compound my niggle, I sent my camera to the same company for a repair, it came back with three specks of dust on the view finder, a minor irritation which I decided to live with until the camera next needs cleaning.

I've sent an email asking for the original packaging, now I'm sitting here wondering if I'm turning into a grumpy old man.

One bonus is that the lens now works Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Sep 2009 - 2:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2009 - 2:36 PM

I would also have asked them to return the original box. Not having it can effect the value of the lens.

As to the 4.60, you have to bear in mind that P&P includes allowance for the time taken to pack it and post it, so that seems reasonable to me.

Ian

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2009 - 2:54 PM

I can't say whether other factors make you a grumpy old man, but expecting the box to be returned is not unreasonable Wink

As Ian says it can affect the price if you come to sell the item on.

User_Removed
22 Sep 2009 - 3:05 PM

Quote: Am I being petty.

Not at all IMO Robert. Just make sure they return that box in good condition. Wink

southsnapper
23 Sep 2009 - 11:17 AM

Good point Digicamamd Wink

Interestingly I've received no rely to my email, in the past emails have been replied to more or less instantly during the day.

john64
john64 e2 Member 9824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
23 Sep 2009 - 1:16 PM

Quote: I'm sitting here wondering if I'm turning into a grumpy old man.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.
Wink

RipleyExile
23 Sep 2009 - 1:18 PM

Quote: Interestingly I've received no rely to my email, in the past emails have been replied to more or less instantly during the day.

Probably delaying the inevitable day when they have to tell you they've lost it (thrown it away).

Last Modified By RipleyExile at 23 Sep 2009 - 1:19 PM
ckristoff
ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
23 Sep 2009 - 6:01 PM

I'm a grumpy old man, but look like Cliff Richard! Smile

Frank.

f8
f8  109169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2009 - 10:19 PM

Cliff Richard is a grumpy old man because he hasn't had a record in the charts for eons,now he is trying to make a comeback with the remnants of the shadows on a tour.

southsnapper
24 Sep 2009 - 2:03 PM

I'm getting grumpier now, still no reply to my emails.

I think ignoring a customers requests says a lot about a company, whether they have a god reputation previously or not.

simont
simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2009 - 5:22 PM

So name and shame the company.

southsnapper
24 Sep 2009 - 6:24 PM

Quote: So name and shame the company.

Is that allowed on this forum?

I've sent a final email this evening, we'll see what that brings tomorrow.

I'll give consumer direct a call then to see what the best course of action is, I imagine spray painting their building with appropriate slogans will be a no, no Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014004 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2009 - 6:56 PM

Quote: Is that allowed on this forum?

Don't see why not, as long as you are telling the truth then I can't see any issues. People moan about all sorts of companies on here.

MODERATOR POST
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2009 - 6:59 PM

Why can't you call them instead of email?

southsnapper
24 Sep 2009 - 7:03 PM

Quote: Why can't you call them instead of email?

I have done, but the person I need to speak to isn't available.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.