Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Am I supposed to feel guilty?

Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
19 Aug 2009 7:06PM
The sheep in the field at the bottom of my garden are making a hell of a din and looking forlornly at me. This is because their lambs were taken away early this morning, and one of them is now residing in my freezer. Do you think they know?

Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 7:20PM
They are not looking at you forlornly Kris............they are plotting revenge................................Wink
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
19 Aug 2009 7:24PM

Quote:Do you think they know?

Yes.

There's a big sign over your house that only they can see, which says "Your little lamb Buttercup is a lifeless corpse, having been stunned to death, and is in this man's freezer" just so's they know which house gets The Dreaded Ovine Curse.

Next question? Wink
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
19 Aug 2009 7:30PM
Only if you fail to go and get some mutton to go with the lamb
Big Bri 13 15.6k United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 8:06PM
I thought for a minute Kris was going to say he fathered them....

!
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 8:27PM
pmsl.....
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
19 Aug 2009 8:32PM
I stopped eating lamb 20yrs ago. I saw a real live lamb up close for the first and thought "Can't". And I haven't.
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
19 Aug 2009 8:36PM

Quote:I saw a real live lamb up close for the first and thought "Can't"

Should have read:

Quote:I saw a real live lamb up close for the first and thought "Garlic and rosmary"
19 Aug 2009 8:46PM

Quote:I stopped eating lamb 20yrs ago. I saw a real live lamb up close for the first and thought "Can't". And I haven't.

It was seeing a chicken leg on a salad and seeing it for what it actually was, that put me on the road to being a veggie. Smile
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
19 Aug 2009 8:47PM

Quote:Should have read:
Quote:
I saw a real live lamb up close for the first and thought "Garlic and rosmary"

Add in anchovies to that, draped over the joint and hmmm mmmmmm...gawd getting hungry now.

Quote:and one of them is now residing in my freezer.

I've always liked home reared animals, always nicer knowing that the anima;ls have been reared by yourself (well my dad mostly) and is not some factory farmed animal. One of my friends at school, her family kept goats. The kids helped rear and named the animals, yet you would look in their freezer and see joints labelled as "leg of daizy" etc... heh Smile She and her siblings had such an appreciation for the whole stable to table process.
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
19 Aug 2009 8:51PM
We keep chickens, rabbits and ducks - all for the table. We rear them ourselves then I kill them, gut them and pluck them (not the rabbits Smile) myself. Never had any temptation to become vegetarian.
On the contrary, I know where they came from and that they had a reasonable life while they were alive - they taste great too!
19 Aug 2009 8:53PM

Quote:The kids helped rear and named the animals, yet you would look in their freezer and see joints labelled as "leg of daizy" etc...

Shocking. To think that a goat's offspring would betray on its own parents ..
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
19 Aug 2009 8:55PM
lol! Grin
arhb e2
7 2.4k 68 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 8:56PM
Sheep flu for you Kris ; )
dark_lord e2
10 1.5k 141 England
19 Aug 2009 9:00PM

Quote:Do you think they know

Just let them know they'll have the same fate Smile

Make sure you're well stocked with the aforementioned rosemary and garlic, mint, kebab machine, curry and spices, etc. as you'll need all of that.

Quote:I thought for a minute Kris was going to say he fathered them

In certain countries that would be almost expected Wink

Reminds me, 5th test starts tomorrow.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.