Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Amateur Photographer

crookymonsta e2
6 704 10 England
3 Dec 2012 2:08PM
I was fortunate enough to be selected by Amateur Photographer to go on one of their masterclasses - in the Lake District with Tom Mackie. This pic from the session is in this week's magazine and also made the front cover!
derwent-water-jetty-1b.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

3 Dec 2012 2:11PM
Congrats and it looks like you had a wet day, typical lakes weather.
MattB1987 e2
3 444 England
3 Dec 2012 2:12PM
Wow awesome! Congrats
Matt
JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
3 Dec 2012 2:15PM
Congratulations Sandra on the cover picture.

Can I ask what the scope of the masterclass was for?

JP
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
3 Dec 2012 2:18PM
How lovely. Well done. Smile
LesJD 2 152 Wales
3 Dec 2012 2:45PM
Congrats ! a couple of things missing from that picture,a frame and a wall to hang it on. Love it !
crookymonsta e2
6 704 10 England
3 Dec 2012 2:58PM
John - The aim was to cover landscape photography using the Big Stopper in bad weather - mission accomplished, it was a cold, wet and windy day!
I am very tempted to get this printed on canvas - don't have any of my pics on show but think maybe I should with this one.
camay 7 132 3 Scotland
3 Dec 2012 3:24PM
Agreed Sandra, and larger than A4. Very well done and a beautiful photo.
Lynne
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
3 Dec 2012 3:26PM
Well done!

Ken
JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
3 Dec 2012 3:37PM

Quote:John - The aim was to cover landscape photography using the Big Stopper in bad weather - mission accomplished, it was a cold, wet and windy day!

Thanks Sandra, you have certainly accomplished the brief. It isn't a particularly original scene and perhaps doesn't reflect reality but I think it is a beautiful photo and I particularly like the colouring and tones which kind of makes it stand out from the usual views from this jetty.

How did you achieve the colouring btw, was it a product of the big stopper or by WB settings or in PP?
AnnChown e2
5 192 1 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2012 3:53PM
Congratulations Sandra! An excellent image and what excitement! Smile
Ann
crookymonsta e2
6 704 10 England
3 Dec 2012 4:32PM
John - This is the effect from the Big Stopper - the only adjustments I have made are a slight straighten, removal of dust bunnies and a light sharpen.
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
3 Dec 2012 4:39PM
well done Smile
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
3 Dec 2012 5:14PM

Quote:
I am very tempted to get this printed on canvas - don't have any of my pics on show but think maybe I should with this one.

Great idea, but also think about framing the AP cover to hang alongside the big canvas and show how highly the shot was rated.
LVanDhal 2 126 1 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2012 11:51PM
its a stunning shot, and I would suggest it would look amazing not only on canvas but perhaps printed on to perspex, or even metal.
definitely should be on display. ( if it was mine I'd have it on a five foot high bill board,- you know i get the offer of one free photo mug from vista print and its gone right to my head lol )

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.