Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Amateur Photographer

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

crookymonsta
crookymonsta e2 Member 6704 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 2:08 PM

I was fortunate enough to be selected by Amateur Photographer to go on one of their masterclasses - in the Lake District with Tom Mackie. This pic from the session is in this week's magazine and also made the front cover!
derwent-water-jetty-1b.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Dec 2012 - 2:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8998 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 2:11 PM

Congrats and it looks like you had a wet day, typical lakes weather.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 3 Dec 2012 - 2:12 PM
MattB1987
MattB1987 e2 Member 2420 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
3 Dec 2012 - 2:12 PM

Wow awesome! Congrats
Matt

JohnParminter

Congratulations Sandra on the cover picture.

Can I ask what the scope of the masterclass was for?

JP

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64538 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 2:18 PM

How lovely. Well done. Smile

LesJD
LesJD  2148 forum posts Wales
3 Dec 2012 - 2:45 PM

Congrats ! a couple of things missing from that picture,a frame and a wall to hang it on. Love it !

crookymonsta
crookymonsta e2 Member 6704 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 2:58 PM

John - The aim was to cover landscape photography using the Big Stopper in bad weather - mission accomplished, it was a cold, wet and windy day!
I am very tempted to get this printed on canvas - don't have any of my pics on show but think maybe I should with this one.

camay
camay  7121 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 3:24 PM

Agreed Sandra, and larger than A4. Very well done and a beautiful photo.
Lynne

franken
franken e2 Member 123175 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 3:26 PM

Well done!

Ken

JohnParminter

Quote: John - The aim was to cover landscape photography using the Big Stopper in bad weather - mission accomplished, it was a cold, wet and windy day!

Thanks Sandra, you have certainly accomplished the brief. It isn't a particularly original scene and perhaps doesn't reflect reality but I think it is a beautiful photo and I particularly like the colouring and tones which kind of makes it stand out from the usual views from this jetty.

How did you achieve the colouring btw, was it a product of the big stopper or by WB settings or in PP?

AnnChown
AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 3:53 PM

Congratulations Sandra! An excellent image and what excitement! Smile
Ann

crookymonsta
3 Dec 2012 - 4:32 PM

John - This is the effect from the Big Stopper - the only adjustments I have made are a slight straighten, removal of dust bunnies and a light sharpen.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104030 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 4:39 PM

well done Smile

Snapper
Snapper  93767 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 5:14 PM

Quote:
I am very tempted to get this printed on canvas - don't have any of my pics on show but think maybe I should with this one.

Great idea, but also think about framing the AP cover to hang alongside the big canvas and show how highly the shot was rated.

LVanDhal
LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Dec 2012 - 11:51 PM

its a stunning shot, and I would suggest it would look amazing not only on canvas but perhaps printed on to perspex, or even metal.
definitely should be on display. ( if it was mine I'd have it on a five foot high bill board,- you know i get the offer of one free photo mug from vista print and its gone right to my head lol )

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.