Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Amazon discount on CS6 full version

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
BarrieNeilPhotography

Just received an email from Amazon telling me as I've previously bought a PS/Lightroom product, I can now buy the full version of CS6 at a massive 265 discount. Probably suggests Adobe are about to discount it

Obviously this is good news for anyone who wants the full version - just hope they do something similar for the upgrade

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Aug 2012 - 10:30 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53584 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi Barrie, just got the same email - dam that's tempting - really tempting. I'm trying to find a reason not to do it - but i want it so much...
Have Amazon ever discounted like this before - will they really discount it generally?
I've till 19th Aug to decide... But i've got the credit card out on the desk!

As you've previously purchased an Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop Elements title, we'd like to offer you a 265 discount on Photoshop CS6 standard edition (PC or Mac)

Last Modified By JackAllTog at 6 Aug 2012 - 12:35 PM
strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 12:46 PM

I can think of an @ 400 good reason not to do it myself. Even with the discount it is still very expensive for what it does. Also you can buy it on-line for @ 485 no discount so they are not taking as much off as they claim.

Last Modified By strawman at 6 Aug 2012 - 12:53 PM
joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 12:52 PM

Quote: Even with the discount it is still very expensive for what it does.

< Blinks > For what it does it's really quite cheap. However, it might be too expensive for what you want it to do. That's a whole other question, however.

Actually, when compared to what people are prepared to spend on a new lens or a new body, it's small beer. And you'd probably use PS a lot more than a new lens.

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 12:55 PM

I think a lens is a lot more useful. Its an average RAW converter with a lot of tools for graphic artists but for many photographers I believe its a very expensive option. So yes I think it is over priced. It is not Cheap for a mass market tool. In fact its at a price to make Apple look like a charitable organisation.

Last Modified By strawman at 6 Aug 2012 - 12:57 PM
JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53584 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 1:03 PM

Perhaps half of my work goes into elements (i only batch process occasionally), i like to process photo's. I have most of the lenses i need, the next lenses i want are all around a 1000 each, this software is 360 ish.
I won't get the many of the benefit's for a few months till i learn it properly.

OK convinced myself to reconsider tomorrow...

Jestertheclown

Quote: OK convinced myself to reconsider tomorrow...

Reconsider it by all means Stuart but if you're even half-way convinced that it's for you, I'd say 'go for it.'
I use CS6 and CS5. I've also got access to Elements 10 and I know which I'd rather use.
If you've got until the 19th. to decide, why don't you download the trial first and have a look.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 6 Aug 2012 - 1:21 PM
CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111541 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 5:51 PM

There is also the Subscription route for CS6 at 17.58 per month if that suits you better.

bigalguitarpicker

It's not for amateurs. That's who Elements is aimed at. It's for Professional Photographers and Professional Designers. I am neither, but I was able to buy Photoshop CS5 Extended for 190 as a mature student. I can't imagine ever needing an upgrade. [edited by epz]

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 10 Sep 2012 - 7:50 PM
silver_stoat
6 Aug 2012 - 9:41 PM

I can understand it being for pro' designers and perhaps proper artists and perhaps web designers, but a pro' photographer? Surely a pro' photographer shouldn't have to resort to manipulating photos to such a extent that they need the likes of Cs6 or whatever number. I'd be more inclined to call them pro' manipulators. I'd imagine a real pro' photographer should be able shoot the photo he/she wants and can do with something a heck of a lot cheaper than the Photoshop for the likes of resizing etc. Maybe it's the cheapskate in me (ok I'm a Scot Tongue ) Elements is good enough for me, if the photo from my camera is so poor that it needs 500 + software to fix it then I'd rather just delete it. I sometimes wonder if it is the "Green Eyed Idol" in us that makes us want these things when cheaper will do.

mikehit
mikehit  56329 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 9:53 PM

Elements does many of the things that CS6 does, but the algorithms that CS6 use are always that bit better (content aware fill, for example) - and CS6 allows presets, create actions etc that elements does not do and if you have a lot of images they can save you bags of time. As ever, it all depends on what you need

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
6 Aug 2012 - 9:56 PM

Quote: Surely a pro' photographer shouldn't have to resort to manipulating photos to such a extent that they need the likes of Cs6

A pro photographer will regard the image, as recorded in the camera, as merely the start of the process. (Unless it's a press photographer on a tight deadline.)

rossd
rossd  111061 forum posts England
6 Aug 2012 - 9:57 PM

Huh............I got the email as well and here's me thinking I had been specially selected by Amazon for the CS6 offer.Sad

bigalguitarpicker

Quote: I can understand it being for pro' designers and perhaps proper artists and perhaps web designers, but a pro' photographer? Surely a pro' photographer shouldn't have to resort to manipulating photos to such a extent that they need the likes of Cs6 or whatever number. I'd be more inclined to call them pro' manipulators. I'd imagine a real pro' photographer should be able shoot the photo he/she wants and can do with something a heck of a lot cheaper than the Photoshop for the likes of resizing etc..

This argument has been done to death a thousand times. One more time now --- EVERYTHING IS MANIPULATED!! INCLUDING IN THE CAMERA. EVEN (ESPECIALLY ) IN THE DARKROOM!

colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 6:33 AM

i have Photoshop CS5 Extended & Elements 10 & lightroom but i now use canon's DPP most now !

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.