Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Amazon discount on CS6 full version

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 5:21 PM

I've just taken delivery of Scott Kelby's book The Adobe Photoshop CS6 book for digital photographers. First impressions are good.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Sep 2012 - 5:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
10 Sep 2012 - 5:38 PM

I won't be buying Photoshop. I used to have it - I even bought the CS3 Web Premium bundle, back when I harboured some vague notions of doing web design work. The snag with that was that when it came time to consider upgrading to a later version, I only wanted Photoshop, not the other items in the bundle. Annoyingly, Adobe wouldn't let me buy Photoshop alone at the upgrade price - I had to choose between paying full price for Photoshop (which I think was around 600 at the time!) or I could upgrade to the later version of Web Premium, which wasn't much different in price (probably more expensive) and would have included a lot of stuff I had no use for. I raised it with Adobe to see if they'd be prepared to be flexible, but they weren't having any. Sad

I've not done much photography recently, and the little I have done gets all the post-processing it needs in Aperture, for the most part. However, I did splash out the "exorbitant" Wink sum of 10.50 for Pixelmator, which does everything I would want from Photoshop and a lot more.

If I was looking to buy a version of Photoshop, I'm sure Elements would be just fine for my needs.

Last Modified By mdpontin at 10 Sep 2012 - 5:39 PM
JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53675 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 6:03 PM

FYI - I did take Amazon up on their legal discounted offer and am now learning this complex over-capable tool as time permits.

SueEley
SueEley  8271 forum posts Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 7:30 PM

Sad that I didn't get this offer - but probably I'll save money by not having it! Horses for courses as to which programs work for you, but I love CS5 and use it all the time. Elements, which I demonstrate with, is not as flexible, and if I did landscape and wildlife only I might be okay with Lightroom or something, I guess - but PS does give you significantly more. I'm trying not to look at what's good about CS6 so I'm not tempted.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.