Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Amazon discount on CS6 full version

CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
10 Sep 2012 5:21PM
I've just taken delivery of Scott Kelby's book The Adobe Photoshop CS6 book for digital photographers . First impressions are good.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
10 Sep 2012 5:38PM
I won't be buying Photoshop. I used to have it - I even bought the CS3 Web Premium bundle, back when I harboured some vague notions of doing web design work. The snag with that was that when it came time to consider upgrading to a later version, I only wanted Photoshop, not the other items in the bundle. Annoyingly, Adobe wouldn't let me buy Photoshop alone at the upgrade price - I had to choose between paying full price for Photoshop (which I think was around 600 at the time!) or I could upgrade to the later version of Web Premium, which wasn't much different in price (probably more expensive) and would have included a lot of stuff I had no use for. I raised it with Adobe to see if they'd be prepared to be flexible, but they weren't having any. Sad

I've not done much photography recently, and the little I have done gets all the post-processing it needs in Aperture, for the most part. However, I did splash out the "exorbitant" Wink sum of 10.50 for Pixelmator , which does everything I would want from Photoshop and a lot more.

If I was looking to buy a version of Photoshop, I'm sure Elements would be just fine for my needs.
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
10 Sep 2012 6:03PM
FYI - I did take Amazon up on their legal discounted offer and am now learning this complex over-capable tool as time permits.
SueEley 8 271 96 Wales
10 Sep 2012 7:30PM
Sad that I didn't get this offer - but probably I'll save money by not having it! Horses for courses as to which programs work for you, but I love CS5 and use it all the time. Elements, which I demonstrate with, is not as flexible, and if I did landscape and wildlife only I might be okay with Lightroom or something, I guess - but PS does give you significantly more. I'm trying not to look at what's good about CS6 so I'm not tempted.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.