Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Amazon will Refund on Buggy Lightroom

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    14 Jul 2013 - 11:42 AM

I have had to stop using Lightroom 5 and revert to LR4 because of the Noise Reduction and Sharpening Bug. With that bug I lose all my output sharpening and noise reduction when exporting to a size less than one-third of the original file. As I often reduce a D800 file to a size suitable for PDI competitions, this is useless for me.

The good(ish) news is that Amazon are prepared to refund fully the purchase price now that Adobe has admitted the bug and is giving no projected date for the issue of a fix:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/lightroom-5-hot-issues.html

Quote: Noise Reduction and Sharpening Not Visible on export
    As mentioned here, a bug was introduced in Lightroom 5.0 where files exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings. We are working on a solution and will include it in our next update.

I am not sure if Adobe themselves (not being bound by UK consumer law) will issue refunds for download purchases.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Jul 2013 - 11:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jul 2013 - 12:21 PM

Why bother? - just wait for 5.1 and I bet its fixed in that.

AnnChown
    AnnChown e2 Member 4183 forum postsAnnChown vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jul 2013 - 12:24 PM

Adobe can't afford to let this issue go without solving the problem and I have every confidence it'll be fixed very soon. I have LR5 and so far haven't noticed it - as far as I know. I'd hang on in there if I were you.
    Ann

Last Modified By AnnChown at 14 Jul 2013 - 12:24 PM
    Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    14 Jul 2013 - 6:48 PM

I am sure that you are both right and that it will be fixed.

But, in the meantime, the money is better in my bank than in Adobe's.

The problem is twofold. Firstly, there is a workaround (export as jpeg of the required dimensions, re-import into LR and then do the sharpening and noise reduction before re-exporting) but that is too convoluted to be acceptable (to me). Secondly, I can't use LR4 and LR5 simultaneously and have both independently update the same catalogue (as far as I know - maybe someone more knowledgeable will tell me it can be done - and how.)

In the meantime, although I love the additional features in LR5, they are of much lesser importance to me than being able to export to Jpeg for PDI comps. I will certainly re-purchase LR5 once the bug is fixed. In the meantime, it is good to know that Amazon's customer service is robust.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.