Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Amlwch Copperfest & Viking Festival July 27-29th 2012

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2012 - 5:26 PM

Hola folks!

There's a big music festival called Copperfest being held in Amlwch at the top right corner of Anglesey from 27th to 29th July.

It's a "free" event, but you'll probably have to buy beer at some point Wink

Now the really good news is that the Ydalir Vikings from Manchester are also going to hold their Viking Festival on the same weekend, in collaboration with Copperfest, at Amlwch. Lots of opportunities for people, portrait, fighting and boat-burning photography, depending on how much you've drank... and when you drank it!

We had a good time there when it was last held in 2009.

If we can gather enough people to fill a longboat or a Mississippi paddle steamer, then we might be able to get accomodation somewhere "together" Smile

I won't be starting a group/meet page at all, as it is a waste of time. Sad

We can simply use some tags to ensure we see each others photos
Smile

Last Modified By Goggz at 13 Apr 2012 - 5:30 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Apr 2012 - 5:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2012 - 5:48 PM

I need to make it clear the Vikings are there 28th - 29th, not the full three days of Copperfest.

Also started a thread on Basefook just to keep Tooth happy Wink

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012602 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2012 - 7:08 PM

summer in wales, beer, music and vikings.. its either a recipe for disaster or a damn good party !

Smile

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2012 - 8:57 PM

Yes yes, meme.

Pete, please do a meet page - there's still some use in them...

and the more people use them the more they can complain about them when things go wrong.

It'll be good to group some new people, so I hope you'll get a good meet of them going..

Stephen Smile

(I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who thinks Basefook is S***e)..

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2012 - 9:01 PM

Quote: I won't be starting a group/meet page at all, as it is a waste of time.

As soon as the guys get some free dev time we're going to revisit groups / meetings and probably open up the chat room to discuss so we can get to the bottom of why you can't use it any more. It should "in theory" do everything it did before but much more. It may be a bit of a tweak from us and a small learning curve for you and then we end up with something we're all happy with.

Sorry, slight hijack there!

Tooth
13 Apr 2012 - 10:35 PM

(More hijack)...that would be great Pete (big Pete Wink ) - there are so many people who were entirely happy with the old way of meet pages..consider Pete (Goggz) is one of the most prolific EPZ meet-goers (meaning he's a goer to meets, not at meets Tongue ) and here he is moving most of it onto basefook cos it works better - got to be something wrong there.

Anyway, where were we..oh yeah Vikings..

this should whet people's appetite..

aug08xw213the-road-to-valhalla.jpg

Goggz
14 Apr 2012 - 1:12 AM

(Self-hijack) @ Pete - but you said something along the lines of "be patient and all will be fantastic" about a year or more ago. Nothing happened!! I'm fed up of being patient!

I don't see the point of opening up chat rooms when you've had all the gripes and suggestions for ages but done nothing about it. There was STUFF ALL wrong with the old system, but 'cos it wasn't broke, you had to fix it...

Quote: It should "in theory" do everything it did before but much more.

Yes, in fairness it does much more - confuses, annoys, isolates and frustrates a LOT more!

Groups are people with a common interest, like Canon or flash, or film... Meets are people with sometimes disparate interests but a desire to meet up and experience an event. I'll say no more on the subject.

Sorry Tooth I refuse to open a grope/moet page on this. They don't work! We've complained long enough and nothing useful has come of it. I reckon we can do without. If everyone who attends tags their photos "Copperfest 2012" we'll see them no hassle... same as it was back in 2009!

TelStar
TelStar  9116 forum posts United Kingdom
4 May 2012 - 7:18 PM

Hi Pete,

Interested and watching this space Wink

Tel*

Goggz
5 May 2012 - 1:00 AM

Hello Tel* Hope all is well with you and Mojo Grin
It would be great to see you both, so fingers crossed you can make it!

Cheers, G

Goggz
29 Jun 2012 - 12:24 AM

OK, perhaps it would be a good idea to test out the new Meet/Event facility on the Groups bit, so I'll do a meet page and see how it goes.

Getting closer... Grin

Tooth
29 Jun 2012 - 1:43 AM

Yaay nice one Pete, go for it.

]m 'na eto? Wink Tongue

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 8:52 AM

Quote: good idea to test out the new Meet/Event facility on the Groups bit,

And you did not have to create a Group to put the "meet" / "event" in Smile

That is one of the features that we, the members in general, wanted re-instated Wink

Goggz
29 Jun 2012 - 7:03 PM

Yes Jeff, that is a pleasant surprise. I'm really glad it has been made much simpler. Now all we have to do is see if we can upload stuff via that page so all can see it without us losing track of things.

So a qualified Smile so far.

Goggz
29 Jun 2012 - 7:15 PM

OK, the EVENT page is here so please get you name down as soon as possible because we are limiting numbers to about 1000 Wink

TelStar
TelStar  9116 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Jul 2012 - 11:00 PM

Tried to put our names down, Pete, but summat went wrong! Sad

Tel*

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.