Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

An amazing natural world clip - a must see

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    canonfan46
    19 Nov 2010 - 7:32 PM

Hi all,
    I came accross this BBC clip from a programe about Kingfishers.
    I thought is was a fantastic video clip and thought some of you natural world buffs might like to see it, if you havent already done so.

Look for the clip call "Queen of the Kingfishers" as thats the one I was amzed at.

Queen of the Kingfishers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Nov 2010 - 7:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    19 Nov 2010 - 8:37 PM

This one then...?

(Great post.)

BigRick
    BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Nov 2010 - 11:30 PM

well i didnt expect that ending!!

cheddar-caveman
    20 Nov 2010 - 8:58 AM

I wish I hadn't watched that - happy otter and two less kingfishers! Amazing footage though.
    I've got the amazing kingfisher book "The Halcyon River" and had the pleasure of meeting Charlie Hamilton James (author) when he came to the Cheddar Gorge to film the water voles.

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2010 - 9:07 AM

Now theres something ive learnt today.... Kingfishers will drown eachother for territory... i never knew that. and the Mink... pure hunter . very clever ambush. but not for the kingfisher. but thats nature.
    matt.

cheddar-caveman
    20 Nov 2010 - 9:36 AM

Yes, mink not otter as I initially thought.

Just to think that if those animal rights idiots the "Animal Liberation Front" hadn't released all those mink into the wild we wouldn't have the river wildlife disaster we have today with the near extermination of the water voles and many other species.

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2010 - 9:49 AM

well yes and no to that....but if they didnt MAYBE the mink would be extinct? or at least not "wild" in the uk which is natures way i guess.

cambirder
    cambirder  107202 forum posts England
    20 Nov 2010 - 9:51 AM

Quote: Just to think that if those animal rights idiots the "Animal Liberation Front" hadn't released all those mink into the wild we wouldn't have the river wildlife disaster we have today

Although I agree that those people were idiots, I'm afraid the main problem was the stupidity of allowing mink farms in the first place. Plenty of mink escaped from these without the help of the ALF so we would still be lumbered with this problem without them.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2010 - 11:40 AM

Thats amazing footage, feel a bit sorry for the female right at the end though - you can see she's knackered but what does the 'husband' do? lol

cheddar-caveman
    20 Nov 2010 - 1:46 PM

Quote: Thats amazing footage, feel a bit sorry for the female right at the end though - you can see she's knackered but what does the 'husband' do? lol

Actually they were both male, fighting for territory, not M/F having it off in the streamWink

camay
    camay  7116 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2010 - 3:26 PM

Thought they were both female fighting for the male!

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2010 - 3:30 PM

Right at the end I'm talking about, not in the stream lol

camay
    camay  7116 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Nov 2010 - 5:26 PM

OK I understand now!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.