Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

An Anonymous Gallery?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2008 - 1:11 PM

Take a look here

The suggestion has been discussed many times and always eventually rejected because

a) some people have a recognisable style
b) people would click/comment after identity is revealed
c) some people would actually email/pm to say what their latest posting is

and many other reasons Smile

Whether you as an inidivdual whose not in a clique post with or without your name should not affect whether or not you get any feedback. The groups will continue to click/comment on a selected group of work so I don't see how other people posting anonymously helps. They still would not get input from many on here.

So instead make use of the facilities available already, post for critique for example.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jun 2008 - 1:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pepperst
pepperst  72328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2008 - 1:15 PM

If not then at least we get a proper dummy/tits/toys out Smile

Its the paddy lottery, who will be the first to make this the most important issue in their lives and founce off deleteing portfolios and sending bitchy pms?

remember it could be you!

wamp
wamp  8276 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2008 - 1:16 PM

It doesn't matter what system is in place, if you're honest about your own work then you know if your images is good, or bad - regardless of clicks

There are people who fool themselves on a regular basis that their work is good because it has lots of clicks, but deep down they must know whether it is, or isn't any good when comparing it with some of the other images posted on here

If the facility went ahead I don't see what it would achieve. I don't mean to be really negative, but the trend seems to be that an image on the critique gallery doesn't seem to be overloaded with critique, so why would anyone use this facility if it was introduced

If people want to improve and/or try to develop their own style, then read a couple of good photography books, or subscribe to a magazine. I go back to my original point, you should honest and be your worst critic for your own images

Quote: even more interesting though would be that the photographer gets revealed after so many weeks

I like the idea and having a big reveal a week later, sounds like fun

Honestly? Having said that, thinking about it further - the image could be slowly revealed bit by bit over the course of the a few days to increase the tension even further before the person was completely revealed Wink

redjoker
redjoker  6981 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2008 - 1:17 PM

Quote:

remember it could be you!

yes, but it could also be you!!!!

you could go the whole hog and chuck your camera out of the window...

pepperst
13 Jun 2008 - 1:19 PM

I think I was booked in for december and dan was august,

redjoker
13 Jun 2008 - 1:20 PM

well i thought we had lost you already without you in the forums, i thought you had fallen out of your pram and abandoned us forever lol

Strobe
Strobe  71254 forum posts United States
13 Jun 2008 - 1:26 PM

I think the current system works well and dont see the point, I am however open to test other systems.

Quite frankly I do not care if I see an image, which I think is a bad photo, with 100+ votes and the member is part of a so called click group. You often see bird tog's comment on bird images and motor sport tog's comment on motor sport images and so what if friends vote for each other.

This is a unique site because it is so versatile ! live and let live

Marc

pepperst
13 Jun 2008 - 1:28 PM

Quote: Well i thought we had lost you already without you in the forums, i thought you had fallen out of your pram and abandoned us forever lol

Nah just been on me hols and getting my coursework sorted, I am back now thou with me big ol' wooden spoon Wink

Looks like the blog thread might be the one for a flounce thou

redjoker
13 Jun 2008 - 1:30 PM

nice to have you back Grin hope the coursework went ok...and its about time you uploaded something, i miss your kitchen utensils Smile

ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2008 - 1:33 PM

Back again - so this idea gets thrown out because some people have a recogniasble style and some others will put their name in the frame or border and others will PM thier click clique.

The original idea was not simply born of a desire for clean critique - it was exactly because there are guys out there with a distinctive style that makes this an interesting possibility.

What is wrong with having an anoymous gallery where we can opt to upload - its that simple really - trust me iv'e been here all of five minutes! The names could be revealed later for a bit of added excitement what the hell.

I have to say that I find it disapointing that something that might just be a bit of fun gets rejected because of assumed abuse nothing can be completely watertight.

Cheers

Robert

wamp
13 Jun 2008 - 1:39 PM

You see an image you like, wait several days and then, bang!, find out who posted it - if only more people knew Wink

I don't think it's a good idea because I fail to see what it would achieve, or where the fun is, but mainly for my reasons above - am happy to be converted though Smile

Cheers, Sean

Last Modified By wamp at 13 Jun 2008 - 1:41 PM
Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2008 - 1:42 PM

It might encourage people with a distinctive style to branch out and try something different.

DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2008 - 1:50 PM

I'm always open to new ideas and there have been many very good additions to the site even in the couple of years I've been a member.

But I just can't see the point of this idea Rob. We certainly don't need another gallery as there's more than enough already. If you want "clean critique" then there is the critique gallery, or when loading a shot you can be very adamant in your description that you'd like some serious feedback from people regardless of whether they are "friends" or not.

I don't think people are rejecting the idea because they perceive the possibility of abuse, I just don't think they see what the potential benefit would be?

wamp
13 Jun 2008 - 1:50 PM

Quote: It might encourage people with a distinctive style to branch out and try something different

I might be missing the point here, but why wouldn't the current critique gallery do that? and why would you need to post anonymously for that kind of encouragement to try something different? Smile

Cheers, Sean

Last Modified By wamp at 13 Jun 2008 - 1:51 PM
DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jun 2008 - 1:53 PM

To be honest, this "distinctive style" thingy is more about presentation than content anyway. It is in my case ..... the presentation may be of a kind but the content of the images are pretty varied in both style and genre. Lol, sorry to sound pompous.

Last Modified By DaveU at 13 Jun 2008 - 1:53 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.