Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

An introduction...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Dracven
    Dracven  4 United Kingdom
    30 Mar 2010 - 8:14 AM

Hi there all, I'm Thomas Nicholson. Having read some of the forums on here I thought I'd join up and get involved. My photography background has spanned 30 years. I started as a child roughly 7 years old using my dads Practika camera and lenses. I've had a break from photography for a few years but am back now with the Dslr my wife bought me 2 years ago. I use a Sony alpha 200 with sigma lenses 17-70mm f2.4 and a 70-300mm f4. My preferred area of photography is portraiture although living in Derbyshire landscapes are also a big part of it.

I look forward to many a discussion on various subjects.

Cheers
    Thom

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Mar 2010 - 8:14 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Mar 2010 - 9:51 AM

Welcome Thom, we have many members who spend a lot of time in Derbyshire so you'll see plenty of photos in the gallery from that area. Hope to see you join in too.

Bellie
    Bellie  7507 forum posts
    30 Mar 2010 - 10:00 AM

I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!

nishad1994
    30 Mar 2010 - 10:29 AM

Quote: I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!

Me too .... Smile But that was a film camera when I was 8 years old !! I dont even remember the brand. Wink
    I got my first digital camera in 2007, when I was 13 years old !! Smile

Nishad

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104009 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Mar 2010 - 10:33 AM

Quote: I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!

Welcome Thom Smile

I can't remember my Dad being interested in photography that much but I do remember getting a Brownie 127 for a present when i was quite young. I also have a memory of one of my Grandad's owning this box camera, its was rectangular in shape about 6x4 covered in black leather and with a flip up viewfinder on the top. They say the genes skip a generation, so maybe that's where I get it from Smile

nishad1994
    30 Mar 2010 - 10:41 AM

Oh and Welcome Thom !! Smile

Nishad

Dracven
    Dracven  4 United Kingdom
    30 Mar 2010 - 10:24 PM

Thanks everyone, looking forward to some interesting discussions.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.