Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

An introduction...

30 Mar 2010 8:14AM
Hi there all, I'm Thomas Nicholson. Having read some of the forums on here I thought I'd join up and get involved. My photography background has spanned 30 years. I started as a child roughly 7 years old using my dads Practika camera and lenses. I've had a break from photography for a few years but am back now with the Dslr my wife bought me 2 years ago. I use a Sony alpha 200 with sigma lenses 17-70mm f2.4 and a 70-300mm f4. My preferred area of photography is portraiture although living in Derbyshire landscapes are also a big part of it.

I look forward to many a discussion on various subjects.

Cheers
Thom

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
30 Mar 2010 9:51AM
Welcome Thom, we have many members who spend a lot of time in Derbyshire so you'll see plenty of photos in the gallery from that area. Hope to see you join in too.
Bellie e2
8 507
30 Mar 2010 10:00AM
I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!
30 Mar 2010 10:29AM

Quote:I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!

Me too .... Smile But that was a film camera when I was 8 years old !! I dont even remember the brand. Wink
I got my first digital camera in 2007, when I was 13 years old !! Smile

Nishad
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
30 Mar 2010 10:33AM

Quote:I wonder how many members started out in the same way borrowing their Dad's kit? I certainly did, putting his Canon kit to good use when he wasn't using it. That was long ago mind!

Welcome Thom Smile

I can't remember my Dad being interested in photography that much but I do remember getting a Brownie 127 for a present when i was quite young. I also have a memory of one of my Grandad's owning this box camera, its was rectangular in shape about 6x4 covered in black leather and with a flip up viewfinder on the top. They say the genes skip a generation, so maybe that's where I get it from Smile
30 Mar 2010 10:41AM
Oh and Welcome Thom !! Smile

Nishad
30 Mar 2010 10:24PM
Thanks everyone, looking forward to some interesting discussions.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.