Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

.and this can be celebrated

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85908 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2013 - 9:17 PM

A life lost for someone's gratification

Please find a spaceship, to take me , where life is regarded as being equal
    It is a pity she didn't rip his arms off

Last Modified By tomcat at 6 Mar 2013 - 9:19 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Mar 2013 - 9:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
    6 Mar 2013 - 9:32 PM

I'll shoot creatures for the table and freezer but not just for sport.

Round our way, there are pheasant shoots that just bury the 200 or 400 birds that are bagged in a day of "sport" and that I do find disgusting.

collywobles
    7 Mar 2013 - 5:33 PM

Quote: bury the 200 or 400 birds that are bagged in a day of "sport"

I really find that difficult to believe, I have been shooting since the late 60's and I have never met, attended any shoot that just dumps game. Neither would any gamekeeper bury easy money. All organised shoots (as this clearly is) shares out the game to the shooters and then sells the remainder to local restuarants and pubs this offsets some of the costs of running the shoot. I have shot thousands of Pigeon but all go to a local butchers for consumption, and tasty they are too.

My only sin is that I love to watch Bullfights even though I know it is wrong. It is not the killing or torment but the overall spectre, colour, tradition, skills, danger that I like. I have been on a Spanish Bull ranch on horse and if you saw the size of them bulls they would terify you.

Last Modified By collywobles at 7 Mar 2013 - 5:36 PM
    keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022904 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2013 - 5:39 PM

There were some estates who played the numbers game in the 80s who buried birds because the dealers didn't want the numbers they produced. I've seen 800 plus birds shot in five drives.

However, sporting estates and the money they generate help to keep our countryside as we see it.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85908 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:14 PM

Quote: However, sporting estates and the money they generate help to keep our countryside as we see it.

Quite true Keith, but as you state about the burying of birds, what else can you do with them.

Only a few folks know how to pluck and gut one, so it is no good giving them away to the impoverished

I have nowt against pheasant shoots, when they are organised and attended by country folk.
    However some of the major estate shoots are attended by folks, who know nowt about the countryside

The pulling of a trigger and killing something ,just for the sake of it, borders on self gratification and we all know where that can end up

Adrian

danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:31 PM

I know a good pheasant plucker if anyone would like to hire him.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022904 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2013 - 7:38 PM

I already have the pheasant pluckers son.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.