Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

And yet another scam!!!!! Jeeez

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2010 - 10:37 AM

Well boys and girls, i have just received this plead from someone i supposedly know!!
    Interesting this time as i know someone [of the full incoming name]

If you look at the way this is typed you will see odd spaces, as though it's been edited extensively, I suspect to make the phraseology more western.

I'm Mac based and use Intego Virus Barrier + MacScan which are both up to date with the latest definitions, so i'm thinking that Christophers account has been hacked.

"Hello,

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,I came down here to Wales for a short vacation and I was mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where i lodged all cash,credit cards and Mobile were stolen off me.

I am even owing the hotel here,the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the hotel bills now am freaked out.So i have limited access to emails for now, please i need you to lend some money so i can make arrangements and return back I am full of panic now,the police only asked me to write a statement about the incident and directed me to the embassy,i have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will refund the money back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now and thank God i wasn't injured
    because I complied immediately.

I will be waiting to hear from you since i can't access the internet always.

Best Regards,

Christopher & Beryl

[Note: name removed by mod, just in case it gets picked up and used by more spammers]

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 9 Nov 2010 - 11:15 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Nov 2010 - 10:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    9 Nov 2010 - 10:46 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!! Not seen that one!

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104029 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2010 - 11:24 AM

well...what do you expect if you go to Wales WinkWink

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2010 - 11:55 AM

Is there an " Embassy " in Wales....?

I always assumed they had one, But had no idea of its location.....Smile

Probably Cardiff, Near Captain Jacks HQ....I expect...Wink

Boyd
    Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2010 - 12:05 PM

Quote: Is there an " Embassy " in Wales....?

There is but it's in a bit of a state.
    Smile

fudgy
    fudgy  448 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Nov 2010 - 12:35 PM

my reply wouldn't have taken more than two words ! Tongue

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2010 - 12:50 PM

They didn't get a reply, just the bin.

fudgy
    fudgy  448 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Nov 2010 - 12:55 PM

I have never had that happen ...

however

I did receive a mail from tara the card/ball/stars reader to tell me she can get rid of my bad luck !!

cos me twenty quid like Tongue haha

Rogerex
    Rogerex  829 forum posts Australia12 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2011 - 3:12 AM

Very interesting. I received the following 2 similar letters, supposedly from friends. I suspect someone hacked into my email and used my address list. The style of writing is different from that of my friends'. I just ignored them, and changed my email password.

PLEASE URGENT NEEDED
    Thursday, 5 November, 2009 21:27
    Hello,
    How are you doing ? I hope you are doing fine, I'm sorry that I didn't inform you about my traveling to England for a Seminar.I need a favor from you as soon as you receive this e-mail because I misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money,and other valuable things were kept it, I will like you to assist me with a soft loan urgently. I will be needing the sum of $2,500 to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home.I will appreciate whatever you can afford to help me with, I will pay you back as soon as I return,I have trust on you,Please kindly let me know if you can be of help so I can send you my details to use when sending the money through western union today.

Any assistant you can offer will be greatly appreciated

Urgent Please
    Thursday, 12 November, 2009

How are you doing? I hope you get this on time. Am sorry i did not inform you about my travelling to United kingdom for a program.I can barely think or type straight at this moment.Something really terrible is happening to me right now and I will be needing Your Urgent favour,I hope you come to my aid.
    Yesterday,I had a trip here in Kent dover (UK) for a Seminar. Unfortunately for me I got Mugged at gun Point on my way to the hotel where i lodged.They went away With all i have got on me including my wallet where i have all my cash and credit card and also my cell phone.I wasn't injured because I quickly complied.since then i have been without any money, I am even owing the hotel bills here.Presently my traveling documents are been held down by the hotel management pending the time i am able to Clear bills.I contacted the police here and they only asked me to write a statement about the incident and later reffered me to the embassy.I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively.I am confused and so full of panic right now.I do not feel safe here any more. For now,i do not have a phone where i can be reached.All i have got here is my mail.I also have limited access to the computer.I will tell you more about my terrible experience here when i get back home.
    I urgently require your financial assistance now.Please I need you to loan me about (1,450 Pounds) to sort-out my hotel bills and other expenses incurred so as to get myself back home soon.I Promise to refund your money immediately i return home.
    I will appreciate any amount you can quickly arrange and send to me via Western Union or Money Gram with the details below.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Please remember to send me full details of the transfer or scanned copy of the transfer receipt so that i can receive over here without any Further delay or problem.let me know if you can be of any help Because you are the only person i can reach at this moment.
    I await your Kind response soon.
    Best Regards

PSILVERMAN
    PSILVERMAN  101253 forum posts England
    2 Feb 2011 - 5:58 AM

The sad thing is that someone somewhere will fall for it!

collywobles
    2 Feb 2011 - 8:40 AM

Quote: The sad thing is that someone somewhere will fall for it!

Aw, thats synical the poor guy is need of help for gods sake............................................ (8o)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.