Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Android apps

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pmorgan
pmorgan  7217 forum posts England13 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 7:49 PM

Received my first android phone today (Samsung galaxy S III), yes, I'm one of the lucky ones - in short demand already!

Has anyone got any cool app suggestions - can be photography, or unrelated

Rgds
Paul

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 May 2012 - 7:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82275 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 8:26 PM

Here you go Paul - a must have I think you'll find Wink Wink Tongue

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111515 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 8:36 PM

Quote: Here you go Paul - a must have I think you'll find Wink Wink Tongue

Grin

pmorgan
30 May 2012 - 8:38 PM

Quote: Here you go Paul - a must have I think you'll find Wink Wink Tongue

Oh very funny Smile Had two iphones before this, and to be honest this is far superior in every respect - flash sites work, there's no itunes, and the display is breathtaking! - guess I'm now officially an iphobe Smile

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82275 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 8:57 PM

Sorry Paul. I just couldn't resist. WinkGrin

den2il
den2il  11203 forum posts England
30 May 2012 - 9:00 PM

Hi Paul.

Have the Galaxy S II, waiting on delivery of the S III - can't wait.

For photography it has to be 'Camera ZOOM FX' which slightly controls the light better than the standard one already installed on the phone. 'Fast Burst Camera' is a must if you don't want to miss anything! It's takes 30 photos per second. 'Panorama' is enjoyable. AfterFocus is a nice little app for post editing for classic depth of field shots

I've converted at least half of my work mates to change from the iphone to the above phones, an awesome piece of kit.

Have fun.

--Den--

newfocus
newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 9:01 PM

I blogged a few of my favourites a few months back with a landscape photography slant if that helps - android apps for landscape photography. The sun and moon phase app and tide predictor are definitely handy to have.

Also on that phone I think you should be able to get instagram (sadly I can't until I upgrade Sad ).

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 9:09 PM

Quote: Had two iphones before this, and to be honest this is far superior in every respect - flash sites work, there's no itunes, and the display is breathtaking! - guess I'm now officially an iphobe

I just switched from iPhone to galaxy Note and I gotta agree with you Paul. Plus the interface is so much better than the "my first smartphone" interface of the iPhone.

some App Recomendations:-

I swapped the standard Apps :
Phone = Go Dialer ex
Contacts = Go Contacts
Messages = Go SMS Pro
email = K9 Mail

Photography:

The Photographers Epheramis
ND Filter Calc

Others
Dropbox
Around Me

Fun
Angry birds space
Cut the rope

pmorgan
30 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, going to have a bit of fun methinks! Smile

Peter_West
31 May 2012 - 6:32 AM

Hi. Must download Google Sky map, really impressed with it. Pete

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
31 May 2012 - 8:14 AM

There was another topic on here asking the same question, but I can't find it at the moment....

Photographer's Ephemeris is available for Android, but it's paid for, unlike the freebie Windows download (couple of quid I think).

Apart from that, Google maps of course, and there a few free OS Map apps that are useful.

For travelling, Google maps is also good, for the traffic. There's a free rail app that you program in your home station and there's a "get me home" button that uses GPS to find your closest station, then live travel info to work out your quickest way home. I'll post the name of if when I switch my phone on later.

NikonNovice
31 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

Glad you got a proper smart phone Paul. Now you can do whatever you want and not just what the manufacturer allows you to do. I use most of the above apps and can reccommend phoforpho great for big stopper exposure timing. I myself have an HTC one X and have to say the storage, speed and camera (not the low light noise) are superb.

weseeyou
weseeyou  3112 forum posts
5 Jul 2012 - 10:55 PM

this is a simply must have App . If you don't wet yourself larfing with this one then you must have a serious lack of humour.
Talking Tom cat App

cymroDan
cymroDan  7174 forum posts
8 Jul 2012 - 1:33 PM

Anyone using a good OS Map application that they'd recommend?

NikonNovice
8 Jul 2012 - 2:08 PM

Viewranger is a great for mountains in particular as it has also open source maps (read free there) . I bought the os map of the Mournes for it (cheaper than the paper OS map) and now never use the paper one. Therre is a buddy feature to see where they are which is handy if you have kids out and about and it is easy enouh on the battery if you remember to turn off the gps when you know where you are going. Loads more features such as tracks, routes, direction, waypoints, alarms if straying off route and arrow indicators to get you back on route. I cant reccommend it enough as it kitted me out for sat nav for about a tenner compared to possibly few hundred pounds for similar features on a garmin sat nav. Its a no brainer really download and enjoy.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.