Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Android Apps for Tablets

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
User_Removed
24 Dec 2011 - 9:01 PM

Am determined to use my tablet a bit more. So far have only used it for standard browsing and stuff.

Any recommends for good Android apps and games that make good use of Android tablet features like the touch screen and the movement sensors?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Dec 2011 - 9:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert
lawbert  71639 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
24 Dec 2011 - 9:09 PM

There are so so many...Just browse the market and read the reviews.

If you want a game....then get all 3 of the Angry Birds games....they are so much fun!!

User_Removed
24 Dec 2011 - 9:17 PM

Quote: There are so so many.

What's your faves?

Have played Angry Birds and it's okay, what about apps?

Last Modified By User_Removed at 24 Dec 2011 - 9:17 PM
keith selmes
24 Dec 2011 - 9:19 PM

well there are several etch a sketch emulators, which delete the sketch when you turn the tab upside down and shake it.

I'm a hopeless musician, but even so I thought the piano app was fun (xpiano)

I expect everyone knows about google Sky Map ? same kind of thing they have on ipads, shows you are starmap for where you're pointing the tablet.

there are some useful apps for photographic and electronic calculations, and the scientific calculator, but they're not really using the features you're referring to.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
24 Dec 2011 - 9:20 PM

I have just flashed Android onto my Touchpad (dual boot with WebOS) so am looking for decent apps. Haven't tried the Photographers Ephemeris yet as it's a pay one and I'm a tightwad.

keith selmes
24 Dec 2011 - 10:14 PM

Quote: looking for decent apps

phototools and lighting studio are the two that come to mind

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
25 Dec 2011 - 7:42 AM

Get some good antivirus software Chris, something I've learned to my cost over the last year......Avast do a good free version for the Android, which sorted out my problems......

Ade

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Dec 2011 - 11:01 AM

Quote: Get some good antivirus software Chris, something I've learned to my cost over the last year......Avast do a good free version for the Android, which sorted out my problems......

Ade

Andriod is safe as long as you are careful with 'Permissions'. Andriod is based on Linux which is a very safe platform. You need to ask yourself "Why does an app need permision to see my mobile number, location and contacts just to install a photo app?" However if you are unsure about 'permissions' then you may wish to take the advice of Ade.

I use Linux and Andriod and have not had a virus ever. This is why I shifted from Windows. BTW, nice camera on my new Andriod Sony Experia Arc S that Santa just bought me. Smile

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 101497 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Dec 2011 - 12:42 PM

Saw this while browsing on 'Zite' on my ipad, us apple users are only too happy to help those using lesser platforms Tongue

Top Thirty Android Apps

BigRick
BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
25 Dec 2011 - 12:48 PM

Look for something called 'smart measure' once calibrated it uses the on board sensors to measure distance and height calculations depending on how far over it gets tipped. Smile

User_Removed
26 Dec 2011 - 3:21 PM

That's the sort of app I like, something that you can't do on a PC or regular laptop.

thebigyin
thebigyin e2 Member 980 forum poststhebigyin vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Dec 2011 - 9:43 PM

Angry Birds is a must, there is also Pool Break Lite and Pool Break Pro, all stupidly adictive games, just not the same on PC.

Britman
Britman  71669 forum posts England
29 Dec 2011 - 1:39 AM

If you use twitter plume is good.

Flick golf is a nice game.

If you're a canon person there is an app that lets you hook up the tablet to the USB out on the camera and give you live view. Can't remember what its call though.

User_Removed
31 Dec 2011 - 2:36 PM

Yeah I have that app it's really good, use it with phone too

User_Removed
6 Jan 2012 - 5:01 PM

This is an app that photographers might like to play with http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SXNqT_fJ9Q0

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 9 Jan 2012 - 8:52 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.