Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Andy Murray the duel nationality man

jazzygf e2
11 537 Scotland
30 Jan 2011 11:41AM
I see good old unbiased commentating aint dead. Andy Murray today before he hit a single ball was BRITISH and now after losing he is Scottish again thanks BBC thats BBC spelt ENGLISH Broadcasting Corporation. I bet come the USA teniss he will be British there till hes beat to. Come on BBC get a grip

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
30 Jan 2011 11:47AM
I am sure time will come when he is British again...Smile
jazzygf e2
11 537 Scotland
30 Jan 2011 11:48AM
BBC speak...
Scots win = British; Scots lose = Scottish
English win = English; English lose = British.
Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
30 Jan 2011 12:30PM
He's still British on the BBC website just now!

Murray misses out on Open title

Andy Murray's hopes of becoming the first British man to win a Grand Slam title since 1936 are dashed at the Australian Open.

* Djokovic outplays Murray in final Sport
kaybee 10 4.0k 24 Scotland
30 Jan 2011 12:45PM
He will always be a loser in my mind ......... sorry - just the way I see it
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2011 12:54PM
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
30 Jan 2011 1:33PM
he's the most dour man in sport...
jazzygf e2
11 537 Scotland
30 Jan 2011 1:47PM

Quote:I wish he'd hurry up and win Wimbledon for England

LOL thanks for that
30 Jan 2011 2:24PM
i
Quote:I see good old unbiased commentating aint dead. Andy Murray today before he hit a single ball was BRITISH and now after losing he is Scottish again thanks BBC thats BBC spelt ENGLISH Broadcasting Corporation. I bet come the USA teniss he will be British there till hes beat to. Come on BBC get a grip

I think you just notice when it happens that way and not any other time .. I have been listening to radio and they were playing 'Flower Of Scotland' well before he got knocked out. When all is said I done I know who, between Murray and the media (or BBC) I think has more of an issue with nationality ..
30 Jan 2011 2:25PM

Quote:He will always be a loser in my mind ......... sorry - just the way I see it

I bet he's devastated to hear you think that, I'll wager he can hardly bear to count his millions Tongue
col.campbell e2
11 818 4 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2011 2:49PM
The BBC have been like that for decades; I vaguely recall similar adjustments to national identity being made when British football fans of a certain flavour were getting roaring drunk with fans from the host nation, dancing in the streets and generally having a party; then British fans of another flavour went on the rampage smashing the place up.

Notable that the separate sets of fans had retained their separate identities until the second lot kicked off and then they became British - and that, I consider far worse than 'borrowing' Andy Murray while he's in with a shout and returning him once he's out.
Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
30 Jan 2011 3:12PM
Shouldn't matter anyway, after all it was a Djok who won! Tongue

(Coat on, heading out now ...................... )
Paul65 e2
6 258 England
30 Jan 2011 8:54PM
Win, lose (hopefully always) or draw, he will always be a Scot in my mind.....don't forget he hates the English.
tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
30 Jan 2011 9:01PM

Quote:Win, lose (hopefully always) or draw, he will always be a Scot in my mind.....don't forget he hates the English.

don't all scots hate the English?

Terry.
KBan e2
9 468 4 England
30 Jan 2011 9:38PM
How come Tim Henman was always referred to as British yet Andy Murray as the young Scot !!

Keith

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.