Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Andy Murray the duel nationality man

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jazzygf
jazzygf  10537 forum posts Scotland
30 Jan 2011 - 11:41 AM

I see good old unbiased commentating aint dead. Andy Murray today before he hit a single ball was BRITISH and now after losing he is Scottish again thanks BBC thats BBC spelt ENGLISH Broadcasting Corporation. I bet come the USA teniss he will be British there till hes beat to. Come on BBC get a grip

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Jan 2011 - 11:41 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2011 - 11:47 AM

I am sure time will come when he is British again...Smile

jazzygf
30 Jan 2011 - 11:48 AM

BBC speak...
Scots win = British; Scots lose = Scottish
English win = English; English lose = British.

Snapper
Snapper  93711 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2011 - 12:30 PM

He's still British on the BBC website just now!

Murray misses out on Open title

Andy Murray's hopes of becoming the first British man to win a Grand Slam title since 1936 are dashed at the Australian Open.

* Djokovic outplays Murray in final Sport

kaybee
kaybee  103770 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2011 - 12:45 PM

He will always be a loser in my mind ......... sorry - just the way I see it

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014740 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2011 - 1:33 PM

he's the most dour man in sport...

jazzygf
30 Jan 2011 - 1:47 PM

Quote: I wish he'd hurry up and win Wimbledon for England

LOL thanks for that

monstersnowman
30 Jan 2011 - 2:24 PM

i
Quote: I see good old unbiased commentating aint dead. Andy Murray today before he hit a single ball was BRITISH and now after losing he is Scottish again thanks BBC thats BBC spelt ENGLISH Broadcasting Corporation. I bet come the USA teniss he will be British there till hes beat to. Come on BBC get a grip

I think you just notice when it happens that way and not any other time .. I have been listening to radio and they were playing 'Flower Of Scotland' well before he got knocked out. When all is said I done I know who, between Murray and the media (or BBC) I think has more of an issue with nationality ..

Alan_Warriner
30 Jan 2011 - 2:25 PM

Quote: He will always be a loser in my mind ......... sorry - just the way I see it

I bet he's devastated to hear you think that, I'll wager he can hardly bear to count his millions Tongue

col.campbell
30 Jan 2011 - 2:49 PM

The BBC have been like that for decades; I vaguely recall similar adjustments to national identity being made when British football fans of a certain flavour were getting roaring drunk with fans from the host nation, dancing in the streets and generally having a party; then British fans of another flavour went on the rampage smashing the place up.

Notable that the separate sets of fans had retained their separate identities until the second lot kicked off and then they became British - and that, I consider far worse than 'borrowing' Andy Murray while he's in with a shout and returning him once he's out.

Snapper
Snapper  93711 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2011 - 3:12 PM

Shouldn't matter anyway, after all it was a Djok who won! Tongue

(Coat on, heading out now ...................... )

Last Modified By Snapper at 30 Jan 2011 - 3:14 PM
Paul65
Paul65  6258 forum posts England
30 Jan 2011 - 8:54 PM

Win, lose (hopefully always) or draw, he will always be a Scot in my mind.....don't forget he hates the English.

tepot
tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Jan 2011 - 9:01 PM

Quote: Win, lose (hopefully always) or draw, he will always be a Scot in my mind.....don't forget he hates the English.

don't all scots hate the English?

Terry.

KBan
KBan  9456 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jan 2011 - 9:38 PM

How come Tim Henman was always referred to as British yet Andy Murray as the young Scot !!

Keith

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.