Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Andy Rouse's Wildlife Workshops - Any Good?

Westers 10 3.9k 1 Burkina Faso
1 Nov 2006 8:15PM
As part of my looking at different aspects of photography I'm looking at shooting wildlife. The trouble is I haven't the first idea where to start.

Sooo, I thought the best way to learn is go on a workshop and who's the best wildlife photographer? Andy Rouse.

Anyone been on his workshops and were they any good?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GeoffP 9 130 Portugal
1 Nov 2006 8:34PM
Westers

Andy's a great wildlife photographer and he tells me that his workshops are really good (-: - a couple I know have been on several and they throughly enjoyed themselves. I think he's doing a beginner's course on wildlife photography techniques and field craft which should be suitable for you.

Geoff Simpson
Mike Gray 10 382 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2006 8:42PM
Been to one of his talk and slideshows last year. Very good guy and he has time for everyone to chat to him and hes not a big head either. i think if he doesnt know it its not worth knowing.

Enjoy

Mike
1 Nov 2006 8:42PM
Was it anybody on here who went on them?

Mind you, it'll have to be sometime next year 'cos I'm on a Northscape workshop this month and, whilst they're damn good value, I've got Christmas, etc to save for so it'll take me a fair time to save for Andy's.

Do you reckon his workshops are good value for money?
culturedcanvas 9 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2006 8:45PM
Ive got to say - just because someone is a good photographer - doesnt mean they are a good teacher ... not really relevant but i thought id get that in!!

D
1 Nov 2006 8:47PM
Is Andy not a good teacher?
GeoffP 9 130 Portugal
1 Nov 2006 8:47PM
Westers

All professionals charge a premium rate for workshops and Andy's no different - you get what you pay for I guess - why not email him and let him know what you're after. He does tend to work with big groups which dos'nt always suit everyone. BIG is 10 to 30.
I can confirm Andy is an excellent teacher, though Dan's comment is very relevant some profesionals are lets say are not so good and have the personality of a door mat.

Best of luck.

Geoff Simpson
1 Nov 2006 8:50PM
How big is "big", Geoff?
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
1 Nov 2006 8:52PM
oops - edited in response to late edit in earlier post Wink
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
1 Nov 2006 8:53PM
daft old bat.
1 Nov 2006 8:55PM
Did I make you look stooopid, Suzi?

;o)
SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
1 Nov 2006 8:55PM
ahhhh .. life returns to normal.

I can cancel my subscription to 'Insults'r'Us' then, now that Boyd's in action.

8-] hehe

Go and wash behind your ears.

and Westers ... er no. err yes. Smile
1 Nov 2006 8:58PM
Sorry Suzi, didn't see Geoff's edit, but I did edit my very first post.

Quote:I can confirm Andy is an excellent teacher, though Dan's comment is very relevant some profesionals are lets say are not so good and have the personality of a door mat.

So has Andy got a rubbish personality, Geoff? I don't know the bloke (other than his pictures) but it looks like you do. Or have come into contact with him. Did you go on one of his courses?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
1 Nov 2006 9:02PM
I've seen him at Focus hold a big group on the Pentax stand one year and Lowepro another. His style is in such situations is excellent. Very animated, full of personality and a real interesting experience. I can't comment on the small group, but I would imagine it's all the above with much personal attention thrown in.
NevP 9 853 13 Canada
1 Nov 2006 9:10PM
Have seen him at Focus, very entertaining and straightforward manner. Impressed.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.