Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Andy Williams Gone at 84

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Sep 2012 - 5:35 PM

Article.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Sep 2012 - 5:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CarolG
    CarolG e2 Member 7128 forum postsCarolG vcard Greece17 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Sep 2012 - 5:49 PM

So sorry to read that news, he was a fine singer in his time, and brought a lot of pleasure to many with his music. He will be sadly missed.

User_Removed
    26 Sep 2012 - 7:08 PM

A sad loss... He was a family 'favourite' - especially with my 86yr-old Mother.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139461 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Sep 2012 - 7:16 PM

That's a shame - I still have a couple of his songs on my MP3 players. Smile

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Sep 2012 - 7:42 PM

Only singing along in the car to his 'Can't get used to losing you!' in the car yesterday morning.......

Ade Sad

KingBee
    KingBee e2 Member 8329 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Sep 2012 - 8:25 PM

I still remember his TV shows from the late '60s/'70s, and he was the ultimate pro.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014818 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Sep 2012 - 10:16 PM

One of my favourites.

monstersnowman
    27 Sep 2012 - 3:54 AM

Great singer and 'Happy Heart' was my fav ...

DOGSBODY
    DOGSBODY  61432 forum posts England30 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2012 - 12:11 PM

He was a great singer with a distinctve voice that was instantly recognisable. It's a great shame that modern pop music has virtually no-one with his quality of voice singing the wonderful melodic songs that were so popular until a few years ago.

I wonder if anyone will remember many of the modern pop singers and their songs in 40 years time?

I watched the X-Factor the other night and got the impression that the choice of songs that the performers were told to sing discriminated against all but a certain type of singer. When I hear the likes of Simon Cowell saying that someone is "current" I cringe.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.