Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Annabel Williams courses

backbeat e2
8 134 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2009 12:37PM
Anyone been on one of the 3/4 days Annabel Williams courses, particularly the 'A to Z of Photography Business' or the 'Realise your Potential' courses?

i'm considering enroling myself, so any comments from past 'students' would be really useful..

thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SGIBBONS 6 56 1 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2009 1:29PM
I went on a 1 day wedding course with Annabel Williams a few years back. It was ok but a lot of money really for what it was. Her books are probably just as informative.
Freefall e2
11 675 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2009 3:47PM
I went on the Natural and Artifical lighting course there with Brett Harkness (won the course in the ePZ Christmas give-away - thanks ePZ!!!) Course was very fast paced, and interesting, but too many people to really get much practice time on the day. Majority of the hands on bit was Brett setting up the shots & then everyone else duplicating - was a bit frustrating, but that's maybe just me.

Brett was v interesting though and spent some time walking through examples of his work and how he set up the lighting for the photos. The speed at which he set up the shots on the day was really something! Gave a good taste of the pace that you would need to work at to achieve his level.

Overall a good course, if at time a bit frustrating. Not sure I'd pay to go on another if this one was indicative - they're not cheap.
PWhittle 8 176 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2009 4:00PM
if you're doing it on a pro semi-pro basis, Business Link will pay 60% of the fees
stix e2
10 924 87 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2009 3:40PM
I just rang Business link, asked them about getting 60 % of fees, they said 'computer says nooooo'. ( they were very helpful though)
PWhittle 8 176 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2009 4:47PM

Quote:I just rang Business link, asked them about getting 60 % of fees, they said 'computer says nooooo'. ( they were very helpful though)

Might be where you live - funding for non-accredited courses isn't available everywhere. It's unusual for anything to be available in York, as we're not deprived enough.
I secured funding for a course I'm meant to be on now, but having received nothing from the provider, and having to get child care for 4 days and drive 500 miles, I wasn't willing to risk turning up and finding nothing.
You do have to pay for the course initially, which is fair enough.
backbeat e2
8 134 1 United Kingdom
11 Aug 2009 10:40PM
thanks all...no really negative comments there...

phil
stix e2
10 924 87 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 1:42PM
Well, Ive gone and signed up for one of these courses, I'll let you know how I get on.
Martin
( see you there Phil)
SteveCharles 12 2.3k 18 England
19 Aug 2009 1:45PM
Interesting, what are you expecting to get out of an AW course, Martin?
stix e2
10 924 87 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 1:49PM
Hello Steve,
The business side of photography, I want to learn how to prostitute my art. Smile
SteveCharles 12 2.3k 18 England
19 Aug 2009 1:51PM
What about running courses for 800 a day...?
stix e2
10 924 87 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 1:56PM
The courses are expensive , only the committed ( or need committing ) need apply.
montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2009 4:15PM

Quote:Well, Ive gone and signed up for one of these courses, I'll let you know how I get on.
Martin
( see you there Phil)
The courses are expensive , only the committed ( or need committing ) need apply.

Do you get committed pre or post course completion please? Smile

I attended a one day AW course and it was superb. I look forward to any post course feedback.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.