Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Annabel Williams courses

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    backbeat
    backbeat e2 Member 8134 forum postsbackbeat vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Aug 2009 - 12:37 PM

Anyone been on one of the 3/4 days Annabel Williams courses, particularly the 'A to Z of Photography Business' or the 'Realise your Potential' courses?

i'm considering enroling myself, so any comments from past 'students' would be really useful..

thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Aug 2009 - 12:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SGIBBONS
    SGIBBONS  556 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Aug 2009 - 1:29 PM

I went on a 1 day wedding course with Annabel Williams a few years back. It was ok but a lot of money really for what it was. Her books are probably just as informative.

Freefall
    Freefall e2 Member 10675 forum postsFreefall vcard United Kingdom
    10 Aug 2009 - 3:47 PM

I went on the Natural and Artifical lighting course there with Brett Harkness (won the course in the ePZ Christmas give-away - thanks ePZ!!!) Course was very fast paced, and interesting, but too many people to really get much practice time on the day. Majority of the hands on bit was Brett setting up the shots & then everyone else duplicating - was a bit frustrating, but that's maybe just me.

Brett was v interesting though and spent some time walking through examples of his work and how he set up the lighting for the photos. The speed at which he set up the shots on the day was really something! Gave a good taste of the pace that you would need to work at to achieve his level.

Overall a good course, if at time a bit frustrating. Not sure I'd pay to go on another if this one was indicative - they're not cheap.

PWhittle
    PWhittle  7176 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Aug 2009 - 4:00 PM

if you're doing it on a pro semi-pro basis, Business Link will pay 60% of the fees

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    stix
    stix e2 Member 9924 forum postsstix vcard United Kingdom86 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Aug 2009 - 3:40 PM

I just rang Business link, asked them about getting 60 % of fees, they said 'computer says nooooo'. ( they were very helpful though)

PWhittle
    PWhittle  7176 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Aug 2009 - 4:47 PM

Quote: I just rang Business link, asked them about getting 60 % of fees, they said 'computer says nooooo'. ( they were very helpful though)

Might be where you live - funding for non-accredited courses isn't available everywhere. It's unusual for anything to be available in York, as we're not deprived enough.
    I secured funding for a course I'm meant to be on now, but having received nothing from the provider, and having to get child care for 4 days and drive 500 miles, I wasn't willing to risk turning up and finding nothing.
    You do have to pay for the course initially, which is fair enough.

backbeat
    backbeat e2 Member 8134 forum postsbackbeat vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Aug 2009 - 10:40 PM

thanks all...no really negative comments there...

phil

stix
    stix e2 Member 9924 forum postsstix vcard United Kingdom86 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Aug 2009 - 1:42 PM

Well, Ive gone and signed up for one of these courses, I'll let you know how I get on.
    Martin
    ( see you there Phil)

SteveCharles
    19 Aug 2009 - 1:45 PM

Interesting, what are you expecting to get out of an AW course, Martin?

stix
    19 Aug 2009 - 1:49 PM

Hello Steve,
    The business side of photography, I want to learn how to prostitute my art. Smile

SteveCharles
    19 Aug 2009 - 1:51 PM

What about running courses for £800 a day...?

stix
    19 Aug 2009 - 1:56 PM

The courses are expensive , only the committed ( or need committing ) need apply.

montechoro
    montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Aug 2009 - 4:15 PM

Quote: Well, Ive gone and signed up for one of these courses, I'll let you know how I get on.
    Martin
    ( see you there Phil)
    The courses are expensive , only the committed ( or need committing ) need apply.

Do you get committed pre or post course completion please? Smile

I attended a one day AW course and it was superb. I look forward to any post course feedback.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.