Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Another "Terrorist" has video damaged by Police.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Bridgelayer
7 Jun 2011 - 12:00 PM

This appeared in our local rag yesterday. Another PCSO jobsworth does the damage.

The comment, "We have no record" is a load of old cobblers, as ALL calls for officers to be despatched have a log number, and once it's on, it's on.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jun 2011 - 12:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hmmm. It could be said that he was rather inviting that sort of response...

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2011 - 12:15 PM

I have no idea if this bit is true:

Quote: Mr Wadsworth said police had told him it was illegal to use a megaphone in public without a licence. And he said he had been warned he would be arrested if he repeated his actions. Itís £120 for a street activity licence so thatís not free speech is it?Ē he said.

And it seems strange that he is not pursuing via the IPC. At the very least he should be claiming the cost of a new camcorder.

Lesson is: Just use a digi compact with HD video recording.... then you can pop in in your pocket when the Old Bill come into sight! Wink

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2011 - 12:19 PM

Quote: And it seems strange that he is not pursuing via the IPC.

Precisely. It makes you think he might have achieved what he set out to do - get lots of publicity.

Good grief. Am I really agreeing with CB?? I must lie down for a bit... Wink

Last Modified By joolsb at 7 Jun 2011 - 12:20 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2011 - 12:47 PM

I went and lay down immediately after finding Jools and I were in agreement! shocked-light.jpg biggrin-light.jpg

I can't help feeling if the young gentlemen concerned were wearing suits and ties and not looking like the sort who make trouble in town centres on a Saturday night, they may have got away with it.

Andy_Cundell
7 Jun 2011 - 12:52 PM

If little 'pr***s' like this saw how much their stupid little protests cost the British taxpayer in Police time and pay, they would be protesting about how much taxpayers money the British public waste without thinking!

Bring back National Service and give them a proper start in life!

Andy Smile

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53584 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2011 - 1:01 PM

It looked more like a colledge project than a protest, seems that the female shopping centre security worker did a great job at politly refusing entry to a private area - respect to her.

Its a fine line between having free speech and intimidating other people. Good for these lads to do it but having the big lad look more like a minder than an activist would have put me on edge too.

However the worst crime of the whole event was that the free speech message was not at all obvious.

Here is a thought, If big shopping centre's become completly privite areas, then maybe by law they all should have a designated free speech area (limited to 2 people only) as otherwise there is no way of communicating with the public directly. Video would keep records of what was said and refusal could still me made to those who previouly abused the privilidge.
Charity's , preacher, politicians etc would be able to book a slot to collect, preach or educate.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53584 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2011 - 1:03 PM

p.s. PSCO's, i thought were banned from using any physical force.

Carabosse
7 Jun 2011 - 1:08 PM

Quote: P.s. PSCO's, i thought were banned from using any physical force.

There's probably a loophole....... "assisting a police officer" etc.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
7 Jun 2011 - 1:23 PM

Funny video. Not what he's saying the megaphone (all been done before), but what his gormless buddies are saying behind the camera. Obviously never actually worked for a living Smile A timely reminder to myself of why I left Yorkshire Wink

mikehit
mikehit  56312 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2011 - 2:10 PM

Quote: If big shopping centre's become completly privite areas,

What makes you think they aren't private areas?

JackAllTog
7 Jun 2011 - 2:15 PM

True Mike most/all of them are completly private, in my area Staines there are 2 private shopping areas but a public paved main street runs between them so people and photographers can stand and watch the shoppers cross between them.

With out this street, you're either in a private home, car or shopping centre - completly protected from unsanctioned influance.

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2011 - 2:26 PM

"We're causing people to think!"

Plonkers.

Carabosse
7 Jun 2011 - 2:27 PM

Probably caused someone to call the police! Grin

hornchurch
7 Jun 2011 - 2:38 PM

lol He clearly has to much time on his hands, in my free time I never thought about marching around my town yelling about free speech through a megaphone....... and as for him not complaining about his damaged equipment...... oh well if he is that offended at having to tape his battery cover on his camera then he could have pursued it to the highest level......in stead he just got his mug in a newspaper I bet he bought several copies to show to his mates and his mum can get it framed for him....

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.