Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Another day, another school shooting...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    paulcookphotography

So it seems its happened again in America.

Another shooting in a school, this time in California according to the BBC report

I wonder what the response will be this time? Another call for armed guards, arm the teachers, or actually do something to control guns?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Jan 2013 - 10:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
    10 Jan 2013 - 11:27 PM

Guns can't be "controlled". There's more gun-crime in the UK than ever before, yet handguns and automatic weapons are "banned". No self-respecting teenage gang member would consider himself properly dressed without a pistol. The two girls who died in that fast food outlet were shot with a Mac-10 machine pistol, which has never been legal in civilian hands.

Guns, like cameras, are just tools. People commit murders and they'll use any tool that's available, so if they banned guns and ALL knives, killers would use a potato peeler to stab or a brick to batter.

paulcookphotography

True, but how many of them would be committed with legally held guns or knives? Surely not having them so easily available (in the US) would result in less use? How many times has a legally held gun been used by someone who has come home after a bad day and flipped? Or somebody shooting themself or someone else by simply messing around?

You cannot control illegal guns and gun crime very easily, but the 'oh well, sh*t happens' approach hasnt worked so far

Last Modified By paulcookphotography at 10 Jan 2013 - 11:40 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.