Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Another Heads up - National trust Bonus weekend

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Britman
    Britman  81669 forum posts England
    18 Mar 2010 - 8:54 PM

National Trust to have free days

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Mar 2010 - 8:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Mar 2010 - 8:56 PM

Blimey that is this weekend!

JenniCh
    JenniCh  932 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Mar 2010 - 10:10 PM

And it might be worth noting that some National Trust properties are now allowing you to take photographs inside the houses as long as you don't use flash - apparently they are leaving the individual properties to decide whether they will start allowing photography inside so this will not apply to all properties.

Britman
    Britman  81669 forum posts England
    19 Mar 2010 - 8:59 AM

Thank's Jenni.

What is with the NT and flash photography, is it something to do with the light from the flash fading pictures and the like?

Last Modified By Britman at 19 Mar 2010 - 8:59 AM
    strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Mar 2010 - 9:10 AM

It is concerns over light damage to fabrics as well as paintings. also some of the security systems may not like flash. Plus it can spoil the atmosphere

montechoro
    montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Mar 2010 - 9:11 AM

Thanks for the link Britman - we are making the time to go along to Mottisfont Abbey this weekend now. Much appreciated.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Mar 2010 - 9:13 AM

I wonder if, for existing NT members, they will extend the membership period by 1 day !

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Mar 2010 - 10:23 PM

Anybody going to this.

chris.maddock
    20 Mar 2010 - 6:53 AM

Quote: It is concerns over light damage to fabrics as well as paintings. also some of the security systems may not like flash. Plus it can spoil the atmosphere

[cynic mode on]
    Plus it reduces sales of their postcards.
    [cynic mode off]

Bucephalas69
    20 Mar 2010 - 10:39 AM

Quote: It is concerns over light damage to fabrics as well as paintings. also some of the security systems may not like flash. Plus it can spoil the atmosphere

[cynic mode on]
    Plus it reduces sales of their postcards.
    [cynic mode off]

I like a cynic!

A litle off topic maybe but in days of old, my dad ( crook he was) used to fill his car with petrol whilst someone in the car held the mike key on A CB radio (on a certain frequency) and it would stop the petrol meter counting up, so free petrol!
    Apparantly his happened with the old analogue mobile phones too which is why they banned their use. It was NEVER anything to do with safety.

Also, Patient-line, the in hospital, mega expensive telephone system was created and is still owned by 2 ex-NHS directors; hence the ban on mobiles in hospitals! There has never been a single case anywhere of mobiles affecting ECG's or any other hospital equipment. They now allow mobile use in hospitals but Patientline managed to get them to sign up to a 15 year contract before they did!

Call me a cynic!

Last Modified By Bucephalas69 at 20 Mar 2010 - 10:40 AM
    JJGEE
    JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Mar 2010 - 7:23 PM

Rained all day down my way so I did not bother taking advantage of the offer.

In fact I have watched, on tv, two rugby matches this afternoon and France v England kicks off in 20 minutes.

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    21 Mar 2010 - 5:09 PM

Quote: Rained all day down my way so I did not bother taking advantage of the offer.

In fact I have watched, on tv, two rugby matches this afternoon and France v England kicks off in 20 minutes.

Same here....

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.