Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Another Heads up - National trust Bonus weekend

Britman 8 1.7k England
18 Mar 2010 8:54PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2010 8:56PM
Blimey that is this weekend!
JenniCh 9 32 2 England
18 Mar 2010 10:10PM
And it might be worth noting that some National Trust properties are now allowing you to take photographs inside the houses as long as you don't use flash - apparently they are leaving the individual properties to decide whether they will start allowing photography inside so this will not apply to all properties.
Britman 8 1.7k England
19 Mar 2010 8:59AM
Thank's Jenni.

What is with the NT and flash photography, is it something to do with the light from the flash fading pictures and the like?
strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
19 Mar 2010 9:10AM
It is concerns over light damage to fabrics as well as paintings. also some of the security systems may not like flash. Plus it can spoil the atmosphere
montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
19 Mar 2010 9:11AM
Thanks for the link Britman - we are making the time to go along to Mottisfont Abbey this weekend now. Much appreciated.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
19 Mar 2010 9:13AM
I wonder if, for existing NT members, they will extend the membership period by 1 day !
andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
19 Mar 2010 10:23PM
Anybody going to this.
chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
20 Mar 2010 6:53AM

Quote:It is concerns over light damage to fabrics as well as paintings. also some of the security systems may not like flash. Plus it can spoil the atmosphere

[cynic mode on]
Plus it reduces sales of their postcards.
[cynic mode off]
Bucephalas69 6 279 Wales
20 Mar 2010 10:39AM

Quote:It is concerns over light damage to fabrics as well as paintings. also some of the security systems may not like flash. Plus it can spoil the atmosphere

[cynic mode on]
Plus it reduces sales of their postcards.
[cynic mode off]

I like a cynic!

A litle off topic maybe but in days of old, my dad ( crook he was) used to fill his car with petrol whilst someone in the car held the mike key on A CB radio (on a certain frequency) and it would stop the petrol meter counting up, so free petrol!
Apparantly his happened with the old analogue mobile phones too which is why they banned their use. It was NEVER anything to do with safety.

Also, Patient-line, the in hospital, mega expensive telephone system was created and is still owned by 2 ex-NHS directors; hence the ban on mobiles in hospitals! There has never been a single case anywhere of mobiles affecting ECG's or any other hospital equipment. They now allow mobile use in hospitals but Patientline managed to get them to sign up to a 15 year contract before they did!

Call me a cynic!
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
20 Mar 2010 7:23PM
Rained all day down my way so I did not bother taking advantage of the offer.

In fact I have watched, on tv, two rugby matches this afternoon and France v England kicks off in 20 minutes.
andytvcams 12 10.4k United Kingdom
21 Mar 2010 5:09PM

Quote:Rained all day down my way so I did not bother taking advantage of the offer.

In fact I have watched, on tv, two rugby matches this afternoon and France v England kicks off in 20 minutes.

Same here....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.