Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Another new guy arrives

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    silver_stoat
    15 Jul 2012 - 3:27 AM

Hi,
    I've seen this site a few times but never got round to joining, I like it for the variety of topics and some useful reviews too.
    I've been interested in photography for quite a few years now though nowhere near a professional level and not really interested in reaching that level, I'm retired now and quite happy with my lot.
    I've had two or three slr's over the years, last one was Canon 40D couple of L lenses, now I've sold em all due to a health problem as lugging a big lens and dslr about was getting too heavy for me, I moved to M43, a good bit lighter to carry.
    Lately I've been considering going even smaller back to P&S as some of them are pretty good quality wise these days. My photos are mainly random, I don't have a particular style that I follow. If I see something I like I'll take the photo, not always a great pic but hey! as long as I'm happy with it, that's what counts ...innit?
    I used to frequent another forum about photography etc but a lot of the threads of late seem to descend into a lots of bickering (another phrase springs to mind which I won't repeat here) to see who gets the last word, it was beginning to annoy myself and other members too so I decided it was time for me to seek pastures new, hopefully I've found it here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jul 2012 - 3:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk
    puertouk  21058 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2012 - 9:02 AM

Welcome to EPZ, hope you enjoy your time with us.
    Stephen

widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2012 - 9:06 AM

I have just joined as well and the site is v friendly. You sound quite laid back so i think you will fit in just braw ! Hope you enjoy the site

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 63281 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hi Guys, welcome to the best photo site on the net.

Quote: a lot of the threads of late seem to descend into a lots of bickering

We get that here occasionally; you quickly find out who the "usual suspects" are & either ignore them or take the p**s out of them. Then we get on with our lives as normal.
    The vast majority of the members are very good & helpful. If you have a query about equipment, techniques or whatever, either have a look through the back threads on the forum or the techniques section. If you can't find the answer ask questions here, you'll get some silly answers (usually humorous) but also get lots of sensible advice as well.

Lordharding
    15 Jul 2012 - 7:17 PM

Yes it's a nice friendly forum
    I joined another one and had a couple of questions and was just ignored

On here I had a couple of quality replys within minutes so I'm stopping here

Lots of good info on old threads too

KevinEllison
    KevinEllison e2 Member 72503 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
    16 Jul 2012 - 12:15 AM

Welcome..yup, 'tis generally friendly, Adrian_w has it about right.. (what they don't tell you, is how to escape..I've been here a few years which only feels like a few months.. And I'm damned if I can find the door..). Most forum threads are considered a success if they can end up wildly adrift from the original question..oops..that's another 6 months in solitary for me..Wink

Salsphotozine1
    16 Jul 2012 - 9:44 AM

This sounds just up my street then too! Lol Smile

Tricia
    Tricia e2 Member 8325 forum postsTricia vcard Ireland
    18 Jul 2012 - 1:45 PM

Quote: what they don't tell you, is how to escape..I've been here a few years which only feels like a few months.. And I'm damned if I can find the door..)

Welcome to the hotel ePHOTOzine, you can check out any time you like but ... (you know the rest lol! Grin)

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Jul 2012 - 2:04 PM

but there are no mirrors on the ceiling and up to now, - no pink champagne on ice (unless thats at Worksop)

there are some exceptional photographers and some great people hanging around here though
    Phil Grin

Last Modified By NEWMANP at 18 Jul 2012 - 2:13 PM
    Salsphotozine1
    17 Oct 2012 - 9:56 PM

Yes, a good song that Newmanp! Quite aptly put Im sure. I sing that one myself sometimes (am also a performer in some of my other time)

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.