Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Another Photographer being labeled a PERVERT

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

boxer57
boxer57  785 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Jul 2008 - 4:02 PM

Just come across this article on another site,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1035315/Father-branded-pervert--photogra...

Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Last Modified By boxer57 at 16 Jul 2008 - 4:03 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jul 2008 - 4:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RipleyExile
16 Jul 2008 - 4:06 PM

link

Last Modified By RipleyExile at 16 Jul 2008 - 4:12 PM
Henchard
Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2008 - 4:06 PM

Quote:
Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.

What reading the Daily Mail? Wink

Oh and it was posted yesterday

Edit Damn too slow

Last Modified By Henchard at 16 Jul 2008 - 4:09 PM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
16 Jul 2008 - 4:26 PM

I notice nobody went on there and posted the comment "These people only worry about perverts because they read the Daily Mail"

or do they filter posted comments ? Wink

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2008 - 5:19 PM

OK Bri I have posted my comments, but I did get a message that comments are pre-moderated, so lets see if my comments get through.

I think the papers have a case to answer. If papers like this one were not trying to whip up the paranoia over the issue would it happen as much. Was the miss guided woman in fact a Daily Mail reader? Go back over some of your stories and think, have you contributed to this silly situation where photographers are seen as a risk to children.

As it is it sounds like you have pushed a stupid trivial event into the news.

So if you want to do something how about running an article on photographers rights, and dig out some of the info on who are the people most likely to commit offences against children.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
16 Jul 2008 - 5:34 PM

Nice one John

Grin

kaybee
kaybee  103794 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2008 - 5:58 PM

Strange how nobody ever complains about a woman taking pictures of kids

MrGoatsmilk
16 Jul 2008 - 7:19 PM

Lets all dress up as ladies and take our photo's!

Just think a load of hairy blokes dressed like the ones from the Bounty (kitchen roll not choc) ad on TV, running around with cameras.

Stu

Er hang on thinking about it, that would just make it worse Smile

aftertherain
16 Jul 2008 - 7:55 PM

Quote: Lets all dress up as ladies and take our photo's!

Well I'm a lady and some 14 years ago I was questioned by a policeman after taking photographs of a playground in a park, so it's not gender specific.
I was working for the Parks Department and taking photographs on their behalf, I hadn't been expecting to do site visits and was smartly dressed and wearing high heels.
I wasn't acting in a furtive manner yet one of the parents had called the police.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2008 - 8:13 PM

I think the way forward is to get a bright purple T-Shirt with:
Yes I'm A Pervert
written on it. Bet no one stops you!

keith selmes
16 Jul 2008 - 9:00 PM

Quote: Strange how nobody ever complains about a woman taking pictures of kids

Don't count on it. Here's a female taking photos at a public scouting event in Canada, in a public park. And being told she can't, until the police rescued her.
(Can we have some of those Canadian policemen over here ?)

strawman
16 Jul 2008 - 9:38 PM

Interestingly not only have the Daily Mail not added my comments it looks like they have pulled the other comments. Can anyone else see them?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2008 - 9:45 PM

Nope - theyve gorn

EnigmaPhoto
16 Jul 2008 - 10:08 PM

I actually read this today on the plane back home.

I don't normally read the Daily Mail, but it was the only one not in Dutch. This was the only story I read and to be honest, I'm so glad I'm leaving this country.

I'll always proud to be British, but I just can't take it anymore.

6 more weeks and I'm out of this crazy, politically correct, over-reactionist country.

Grrrrr.

strawman
16 Jul 2008 - 10:21 PM

You do not need to leave the country just stop reading the Mail and its whipped out of trivia stories.

and the Dutch have their own PC items.

Quote: In the 1960s, the Netherlands became known as an "anarchists social laboratory," producing one of the earliest examples of political correctness. Strong taboos in areas such as governmental control, privacy, and racial relations were the rule. While the Netherlands has become a country with a large degree of personal freedom, the ideas that originated in the openness of the 1960s have since spilled over from the private into the public sphere, resulting in an era of anxious conformity. Vuijsje, a Dutch journalist, examines why notions of political correctness became so strongly ingrained in the Netherlands and how the results have not always been positive.

you could buy the book

I thought Holland was one of the most politically correct countries in Europe. We just think we are. It fits in with the various incorrect views Britain's hold of themselves and their country.

Oh and I think it is a nice enough country. No problems.

Last Modified By strawman at 16 Jul 2008 - 10:25 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.