Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Another printer problem

hobbo e2
3 816 2 England
24 Nov 2012 8:14PM
I have an Epson all in one printer that makes a fantastic job of photographs if the right settings are used, but just lately it has been driving me nuts.

I sometimes use a textured Art Paper that is slightly heavier than the norm......if the printer feed can grip it, printing continues as normal.....then.....more times than I like, the feed rollers churn away but the paper just won't feed through, I can try and try again, then give up in frustration.

I've tried bending the bottom edge of the paper slightly to assist the feed angle but that doesn't work, I've even slightly dampened the edge to help the rollers get a grip....but all too often, they don't.

Does anyone have any hints, tips or wrinkles that might help......I have a small stock of this beautiful paper that makes my best work look great...........Frustrating, because every so often, it will print first time without a problem.

CHEERS!

Hobbo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c 10 4.5k 36 England
24 Nov 2012 8:33PM
Press print and then apply gentle and even pressure to the top edge of the paper until the printer has finished loading the paper. It isn't a specific problem with your particular model, it can happen on many printers especially with the thicker fine art papers.
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
24 Nov 2012 8:34PM
I'm pretty sure that's why I used to use switch off the 'prevent paper abrasion' setting on my Canon printer. I presume all printers have this option? It's been a long time since I printed anything on thick paper but think I used it when printing on canvas.

Might be worth a go?
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
24 Nov 2012 11:26PM
Check your printer specs on the Epson site where you may find what the max paper weight is for your printer.
I have the same problem where i use the gentle persuasion touch that justin mentions.
Any weight that gets near 300gm gets met with refusal.

The all in one printers are fine for general work while a photo printer is better suited for heavy fine art paper.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.