Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Another way to protect lens fungus

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
kombizz
kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 3:08 PM

Quote: During the Gulf War, crews used to put a condom over the muzzle of their artillery pieces. It stopped sand getting into the barrel and didn't have to be removed before firing.

I wonder why the MOD gave condom to the soldiers in the first place. Did MOD think Iraqi women loose their pride like few other Far Eastern nations?

Last Modified By kombizz at 13 Dec 2011 - 3:08 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Dec 2011 - 3:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kombizz
kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 3:09 PM

Quote: Join RSPLF Adrian.

Wink

What is RPSLE stands for?

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2011 - 3:10 PM

Ouch - Lets insult entire continents to try and defend one :-( (Re Iraqi comment)

Last Modified By JackAllTog at 13 Dec 2011 - 3:10 PM
mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45761 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
14 Dec 2011 - 9:10 AM

Ah, the humble condom - who would have though the tied-off sheeps intestine of the ancient Egypt would have come so far. On army survival courses the uses range from keeping the barrel of your gun protected (as with the artillery mentioned earlier), a water carrier (though it must make the water taste funny - I wonder if they supply the strawbertry flavoured ones) and a bouancy aid if you need to cross a river or get shipwrecked. Now we have the hi-tech condom.

Just think, if this had been thought of earlier maybe ther Lens Baby range would not have been coneived...?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.