Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Another wedding tog story in DM . . .

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Nigeyboy
Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Jun 2012 - 5:13 PM

Another good reason not to get your mate (a budding pro no less!) to shoot your wedding . . . . .

HERE

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jun 2012 - 5:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2012 - 5:25 PM

Normally I would not bother to comment on this subject matter....

However...

Quote: a budding pro no less

Pro what though....Smile Looking at the samples from guests efforts, Its easy to see that the couple really pushed the boat out for that special day.....Grin

" Peanuts & Monkeys " spring to mind, Sometimes people get exactly what they pay for.....!!!

Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139419 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2012 - 5:35 PM

Whilst I do have some sympathy for the couple, it seems they were their own worst enemies here.

Why give disposable cameras to guests? Just invite everyone to use their camera phones - you can be reasonably sure the vast majority the guests would be carrying one.

I well remember, in the olden days when we used film, at a certain wedding the bride's mother going from table to table, at the reception, screeching "I want ALL your negatives" at the guests. Grin (This despite hiring a pricey pro).

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4601 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
15 Jun 2012 - 5:44 PM

The first picture reminds me of this:
http://apiln.blogspot.co.uk/

Briwooly
Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2012 - 5:56 PM

Was that a gold fish bowl on the top table Tongue Wink .I put the card in wallet and left it there for a week I thought it was the safest place what a pro I wish him all the best in the future in his chosen profession what ever it may be Wink

Brian....................

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315324 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2012 - 8:58 PM

Quote: Why give disposable cameras to guests? Just invite everyone to use their camera phones - you can be reasonably sure the vast majority the guests would be carrying one

Its all part of the fun and keeps the kids quite Smile

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61188 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2012 - 9:25 PM

Quote: The first picture reminds me of this:
http://apiln.blogspot.co.uk/

Angry People In Local Newspapers! Absolutely hilarious. Our local rag never ceases to amaze me with the nonsense stories and pictures of angry people usually pointing at something! Brilliant.

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jun 2012 - 11:08 PM

yep,,,, pay nothing get nothing,,, simples.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2012 - 7:39 AM

Likes the sozzled drunk photo Smile

zebraboy
zebraboy  10197 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Jun 2012 - 8:11 AM

At least they can treasure the shot of themselves holding the frame of 'empty memories'

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2012 - 1:54 PM

Lots of people seem to buy a camera and because Aunty Mary buys an enprint from them for 10p, they think they can do Weddings. There is a 'helluva' to be organised, arranged and contolled on the day apart from just taking the pictures as most half decent photographers know. Weddings occur in bright sunshine, heavy rain, snow and sleet and each of the environmental challenges have to be met and mastered. A system is needed to be able to take all the necessary pictures in the correct order, even the little bridesmaids presenting horseshoes. Maybe most of all, no confetti until the end and most certainly, none inside the wedding car, on pain of a broken nose from the driver who has to clean the car out later.!!! As I say. a 'helluva' lot.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139419 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2012 - 2:42 PM

Depends of the B&G's expectations. If the expectation is something a bit better than could be managed on an iPhone, then most enthusiasts could probably achieve that! Wink

Photo4x4
Photo4x4  10470 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Jun 2012 - 2:53 PM

Quote from the couple:

Quote: 'It was such a wonderful, perfect day. Both of us said that we were only going to get married once, so we made it really special."

So 'special' that they decided to get a wedding photographer for FREE!!!

Keith Hart

Carabosse
16 Jun 2012 - 6:32 PM

Quote: So 'special' that they decided to get a wedding photographer for FREE

Yes, I think that's why sympathy is somewhat limited. Wink

Bluke
Bluke  9303 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2012 - 6:49 PM

1.000 on a wedding dress and 200 on photos....One of my prospective clients said " what is the point of paying loads of money for wedding photos that will end up under the stairs in 12 months...." That was after she had payed for a top hotel for the venue 6 brides maids and a free bar in the evening....O yes and no photos ..... from me anyway....
She told me I should charge myself a days pay and then for the photos to be developed in "boots" as she will put them into a album herself........that shouldn't cost much should it... That was about 9 years ago .....took me days to stop laughing.....Grin Yes it still makes me smile....Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.