Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Another wedding tog story in DM . . .

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jun 2012 - 7:05 PM

Quote: wedding photos that will end up under the stairs in 12 months

Some truth in that though, isn't there? Wink

Quote: about 9 years ago

I believe that may be the average length of a marriage these days! Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jun 2012 - 7:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014786 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2012 - 7:55 PM

oh the joys

Jestertheclown
17 Jun 2012 - 9:46 PM

Mine have been gathering dust on a bookshelf for nearly twenty years, so I reckon she's about right.

I've also had a video, shot by my aunt which I threw away, having never seen it.

Photo4x4
Photo4x4  10470 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Jun 2012 - 10:07 PM

You threw your aunt away? Wink

Keith Hart

Jestertheclown
17 Jun 2012 - 10:10 PM

Quote: You threw your aunt away? Wink

. . . you've never met her!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jun 2012 - 10:11 PM

Mine is buried at the bottom of the bookcase and I've been divorced for about three years - I must root it out, keep the pics which have my family/friends in it and dump the rest Smile

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2012 - 10:46 AM

Maybe so but about 12 months ago I had a request from a bride whose wedding I covered over 30 years ago, for permission to have one of her wedding pics scanned in. It seemed she had gone somewhere who told her the picture had been taken by a pro and so his permission was needed in writing before they could carry out the scan. rather than do a search through my archives I gave the permission. So under the stairs or not - sometimes they do come out!!!!!

Photo4x4
18 Jun 2012 - 10:57 AM

Our wedding was 38 years ago and we had the choice of having colour photos at extra cost (the standard at the time was b&w). We went for the colour option. They do come out occasionally but I think that the real benefit of such photographs is to show your grandchildren, they are part of your family archive, something to look back on in the future, or in our case now!

The hair styles, the fashions, the family members and friends no longer with us, that is what it is all about and that is why it is well worth having a decent set of photographs to remember the day by.

Keith Hart

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43836 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2012 - 11:10 AM

Keith,
Why does my mind see a connection between your wedding and a SOCO?Tongue
Grin

This, though, sums up what it is all about:

Quote:
The hair styles, the fashions, the family members and friends no longer with us, that is what it is all about and that is why it is well worth having a decent set of photographs to remember the day by.

Keith Hart

Photo4x4
18 Jun 2012 - 11:16 AM

No connection, that was a long time before my SOCO days. The Co-Op Photography Department (yes they had one in those days) did the pictures.

Crikey you are making me feel old! Smile

Keith Hart

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43836 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2012 - 11:25 AM

Quote: No connection, that was a long time before my SOCO days. The Co-Op Photography Department (yes they had one in those days) did the pictures.

Crikey you are making me feel old! Smile

Keith Hart

He! He!
I thought perhaps you had one of the SOCOs doing the wedding for youWink
Co-OP photography Dept.? Now that sounds weird!

thewilliam
18 Jun 2012 - 12:07 PM

I still have my parents wedding album from 60-something years ago. It's a good record of the relatives that I knew and loved because very few of the people are still with us.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2012 - 1:05 PM

There is a certain sadness in looking at some photo albums.... when, for example, you look at a group shot where you knew every single one of the people in the picture. But not one of them is still alive. Sad

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jun 2012 - 1:08 PM

CB I have found that a comfort as when you look you remember them. I know that at my fathers funeral meeting one of his friends with a photo book covering many ages of his life helped to remember the days before he was ill.

thewilliam
18 Jun 2012 - 2:51 PM

Contrary to public belief, my parents' wedding was actually a couple of years before I was born!

Any very old wedding album shows the relatives as "youngsters" and that's a good way to remember them. Death is as inevitable as birth but it's the bit in between that matters. If we're lucky, we get to bury our parents. The unlucky one bury their children!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.