Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Anti Terror Trainng

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    keith selmes
    25 Apr 2009 - 7:33 PM

Project Argus - "Civilians are being told to be on guard for people carrying cameras and zoom lenses as part of anti-terrorism seminars being rolled out nationwide."

I use prime lenses myself Smile

The NACTSO website might be worth a browse too.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Apr 2009 - 7:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mad-dogs
    mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
    25 Apr 2009 - 8:52 PM

Using this would be fun!

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2009 - 9:47 PM

Members of the public should also be on the alert for burglars after dark.

Burglars can be readily identified by the wearing of a striped jersey bearing the letters "BURGLAR" and the carrying of a large holdall marked "SWAG".

Telephone your local police station IMMEDIATELY in this event.

Kris_Dutson
    25 Apr 2009 - 9:57 PM

Quote: He suggested that suspicions would only be aroused if they looked 'a bit shifty'

According to my wife that's me nicked then....

guidoa
    guidoa  121331 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Apr 2009 - 10:03 PM

Everyone seems to think that this is something new, but I recall in about 1953 when at University, a fellow student studying geography was doing a thesis on the shoe industry in Mansfield. As I had a camera in those days, I offered to take him by carI to Mansfield and took the photographs of the buildings he wanted. A few weeks later there was a knock on the door and 2 officers from Special Branch wanted to question me about why I was taking the photos. Even tho I gave them a full explanation and address of the other person, they insisted on having the film and any pictures on the grounds that one of the buildings was a Defence establishment. I was also warned about being more careful what pics I took. I'm probably on some blackist!

Last Modified By guidoa at 25 Apr 2009 - 10:05 PM
    Briwooly
    Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2009 - 10:10 PM

Is it at lens or a rocket launcher Smile Wink

Brian........................................

Richardtyrrelllandscapes

How bloody ridiculous is this country. I only wish the anti terror squad would spend there time sorting out the real terrorists and leave us photographers to doing what we enjoy.

Come to F**k MI6 wake up to the real world. To think we pay tax for this as well.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014814 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2009 - 11:14 PM

Quote: How bloody ridiculous is this country. I only wish the anti terror squad would spend there time sorting out the real terrorists and leave us photographers to doing what we enjoy.

I don't know; I've heard some pretty wild tales about some of the Epz meets.Wink

Britman
    Britman  81669 forum posts England
    25 Apr 2009 - 11:30 PM

It's all leading up to a vetting and licensing system for photographers. Mind I bet not of these job worth will even consider the camera on mobile phones. My LG viewty take pretty decent pictures,

And why are the like of Canon and Nikon not bringing people's attention to this, after all if photography is being made to be seen as a terrorist activity, sales of their equipment is going to plummet.

keith selmes
    26 Apr 2009 - 12:22 AM

I was just slightly amused at the phrasing, seems they are looking for people who photograph CCTV cameras using zoom lenses whilst looking shifty.

I'm not sure what shifty is, but it sounds like you're OK if you use primes and look really really cool.

Richardtyrrelllandscapes

Quote: Quote:How bloody ridiculous is this country. I only wish the anti terror squad would spend there time sorting out the real terrorists and leave us photographers to doing what we enjoy.
    I don't know; I've heard some pretty wild tales about some of the Epz meets.Wink

I really should attend one of these meets. lol.....

User_Removed
    27 Apr 2009 - 6:52 AM

It doesn't look like they have a meeting in Somerset so we must be safe from attack. Phew, I was getting worried. It would be good to go to a meeting and take your camera with your biggest lens!!

Last Modified By User_Removed at 27 Apr 2009 - 6:53 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.