Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Anti Terror Trainng

keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2009 7:33PM
Project Argus - "Civilians are being told to be on guard for people carrying cameras and zoom lenses as part of anti-terrorism seminars being rolled out nationwide."

I use prime lenses myself Smile

The NACTSO website might be worth a browse too.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mad-dogs e2
12 2.2k England
25 Apr 2009 8:52PM
Using this would be fun!
25 Apr 2009 9:47PM
Members of the public should also be on the alert for burglars after dark.

Burglars can be readily identified by the wearing of a striped jersey bearing the letters "BURGLAR" and the carrying of a large holdall marked "SWAG".

Telephone your local police station IMMEDIATELY in this event.
Kris_Dutson e2
12 8.2k 1 England
25 Apr 2009 9:57PM

Quote:He suggested that suspicions would only be aroused if they looked 'a bit shifty'

According to my wife that's me nicked then....
guidoa e2
13 1.4k United Kingdom
25 Apr 2009 10:03PM
Everyone seems to think that this is something new, but I recall in about 1953 when at University, a fellow student studying geography was doing a thesis on the shoe industry in Mansfield. As I had a camera in those days, I offered to take him by carI to Mansfield and took the photographs of the buildings he wanted. A few weeks later there was a knock on the door and 2 officers from Special Branch wanted to question me about why I was taking the photos. Even tho I gave them a full explanation and address of the other person, they insisted on having the film and any pictures on the grounds that one of the buildings was a Defence establishment. I was also warned about being more careful what pics I took. I'm probably on some blackist!
Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
25 Apr 2009 10:10PM
Is it at lens or a rocket launcher Smile Wink

Brian........................................
How bloody ridiculous is this country. I only wish the anti terror squad would spend there time sorting out the real terrorists and leave us photographers to doing what we enjoy.

Come to F**k MI6 wake up to the real world. To think we pay tax for this as well.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
25 Apr 2009 11:14PM

Quote:How bloody ridiculous is this country. I only wish the anti terror squad would spend there time sorting out the real terrorists and leave us photographers to doing what we enjoy.

I don't know; I've heard some pretty wild tales about some of the Epz meets.Wink
Britman e2
8 1.7k England
25 Apr 2009 11:30PM
It's all leading up to a vetting and licensing system for photographers. Mind I bet not of these job worth will even consider the camera on mobile phones. My LG viewty take pretty decent pictures,

And why are the like of Canon and Nikon not bringing people's attention to this, after all if photography is being made to be seen as a terrorist activity, sales of their equipment is going to plummet.
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
26 Apr 2009 12:22AM
I was just slightly amused at the phrasing, seems they are looking for people who photograph CCTV cameras using zoom lenses whilst looking shifty.

I'm not sure what shifty is, but it sounds like you're OK if you use primes and look really really cool.

Quote:Quote:How bloody ridiculous is this country. I only wish the anti terror squad would spend there time sorting out the real terrorists and leave us photographers to doing what we enjoy.
I don't know; I've heard some pretty wild tales about some of the Epz meets.Wink

I really should attend one of these meets. lol.....
User_Removed 8 2.1k 7 England
27 Apr 2009 6:52AM
It doesn't look like they have a meeting in Somerset so we must be safe from attack. Phew, I was getting worried. It would be good to go to a meeting and take your camera with your biggest lens!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.