Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

any body else had these problems

CDSINUK 2 223 England
19 Nov 2012 4:57PM
i took it out yesterday morning to the lake, i thought i was tired and couldnt quite get things right Smile but when i looked at the images on the pc i notice something was not right, and now when i think about it its been going on for a while, i had major problems focusing, ive looked back at some of my images and they are all off by just a bit, its just suddenly got worse... so its been a steady decline, i thought it was me just rushing the shot as usual, not getting the shot in the viewfinder right etc, but the viewfinder is off, all the images are down and to the left of where they should be...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CDSINUK 2 223 England
19 Nov 2012 5:01PM
the focus is way off i took four shots to get the jetty in the middle, the-lake.jpg

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
19 Nov 2012 6:14PM
Could it be dirty focus sensors or something like that.
CDSINUK 2 223 England
19 Nov 2012 7:34PM

Quote:Could it be dirty focus sensors or something like that.

it seems to focus ok at 18mm, but this was at 35mm and at 55mm its even worse? but the sensor definately not straight in the camera, its tilted forward and down on one side, it just will not go back into position?

ive put on the 70-300mm, and the same problem, at close range 70 mm it seems better than at full extension of 300mm ? and the same problem with the viewfinder, its out of center ? the camera hasnt been dropped before this all happened ?
Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2012 9:06PM
I think if the sensor is off, whatever lens you use will have problems. The reason the wider end looks better is the greater inherent depth of field at shorter focal lengths is masking focus errors. Try shooting the old brick wall target at various focal lengths from a tripod. Then you can see where the image is in and out of focus and how offset it is.

Either way, it doesn't sound good.

Nick
CDSINUK 2 223 England
19 Nov 2012 9:31PM
no Nick i think its Fxxxxd lol, i read up and this camera seems to die a death after 18 months 2 years etc + its just a **** time for it to happen, but things always go wrong at the wrong time lol, thats life Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.