Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Any Conference/Corporate Event photographers on here?


Lucian 4 561
20 May 2012 7:34PM
I have just been commisioned by an organisation to photograph a 2 day conference. Can anyone advise on what lenses and lighting equipment are best for this type of work.

Also, i am going to be batch processing the photos as they want the photos for web upload. What size and crop ratio should be ok for this?

What is the going rate per day for conference photography. Im getting 300 per day but dont know if this is the going rate or should i be charging more or less?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
20 May 2012 9:11PM
Experienced pro's get a lot more than 300 a day. I would hazzard a guess and say in the region of 1,000 + per day + expenses. A good quality lens is required as you know. I'm getting the Canon 24-105mm lens next week, so something like that would do the job easily
Stephen
Lucian 4 561
20 May 2012 9:31PM
I have a 24-105 and it is a lens i use regularly for weddings. I also have a 70-200 f4 non is lens that i never use becuase i dont feel comfortable with long lenses but i think i may have to use it for most of the shots as they want me to work unobtusively. I am a bit worried about using on camera flash with a long lens as the light may look very harsh if having to travel a long way.
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
20 May 2012 10:25PM
I'm convinced you're taking the pi** every time you post something nowadays...you get a 2-day conference job then come on here asking for advice on lenses, lighting, on-camera flash and post-processing??? Are you having a laugh?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
20 May 2012 10:59PM

Quote: they want me to work unobtusively. I am a bit worried about using on camera flash with a long lens


If you use flash you cease to be unobtrusive! Grin
zed 10 551 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 2:02PM
Have you gone to check out the rooms or know about the rooms, they may have really good directional light coming in from available windows.
Lucian 4 561
21 May 2012 2:05PM
It is being held at one of the countrys top wedding venues but the reason i have got the job is because they were not happy with the quality of photos the last time round so they decided to book me instead. I have been told that the light is not to good but that was the opinion of the person who booked me. It is important that i do this job well as i have decided to specialise in corporate event photography.
zed 10 551 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 2:13PM
So you don't specialise in weddings anymore then?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
21 May 2012 6:07PM
Lucian's going from strength to strength! Smile

But 4 of his wedding websites are still up and running, so I imagine he'll be doing a few weddings still..............
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
21 May 2012 6:13PM

Quote:It is being held at one of the countrys top wedding venues but the reason i have got the job is because they were not happy with the quality of photos the last time round so they decided to book me instead. I have been told that the light is not to good but that was the opinion of the person who booked me. It is important that i do this job well as i have decided to specialise in corporate event photography.


Come on then, spill the beans - where is it??
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
21 May 2012 7:35PM

Quote:So you don't specialise in weddings anymore then?

Quote:Lucian's going from strength to strength! Smile

But 4 of his wedding websites are still up and running, so I imagine he'll be doing a few weddings still..............


Is there such a thing as corporate weddings?
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 7:39PM
its probably here ....


sem7.jpg



The world famous St Peters Seminary in Glasgow just down the road from Lucian , I did a shoot here myself , the lighting was awful i have to admit ... Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
21 May 2012 7:43PM
Rotfl! Grin
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
21 May 2012 7:44PM
I'm serious here, that's why I'm asking - I would love to get more jobs like this one, so there's a serious issue of HOW he's managing to get such work!
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 7:44PM

Quote:I have a 24-105 and it is a lens i use regularly for weddings. I also have a 70-200 f4 non is lens that i never use becuase i dont feel comfortable with long lenses but i think i may have to use it for most of the shots as they want me to work unobtusively. I am a bit worried about using on camera flash with a long lens as the light may look very harsh if having to travel a long way.


Not comfortable with long lenses , or flash , or how much to charge , which bit are you comfortable with ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.