Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Any Dealings With Warranty Direct.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

njsmith
njsmith  984 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Jan 2010 - 5:56 PM

Not a photography question....... But.............

Has anybody had any dealings with a company called Warranty Wise. I have just bought myself a second hand Jeep with a three month warranty but want to take out a further warranty to cover any major problems. They appear to be good value but the quality only shows when and if you make a claim.

Has anybody had to claim through Warranty Wise?

Any advice appreciated.

Nick
Bristol UK.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Jan 2010 - 5:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
3 Jan 2010 - 6:09 PM

Nick...

I'm in the trade.

And ANY, non-manufacturer Warranty is a waste of money.

Frankly - stick with what you have - and keep the rest in your pocket for when you need it.

Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 3 Jan 2010 - 6:10 PM
andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Jan 2010 - 6:14 PM

Just do a google. some happy some not so.

njsmith
3 Jan 2010 - 6:17 PM

Mike,

Thanks for your comment. I have always been sceptical about warranties. The Jeep I have bought is a 3ltr. Turbo Diesel.

I know very little about diesels and if I did I don’t have the equipment to work on the engine, not like my 1600 Cortina’s years back where I could strip the engine.

I was just considering stashing away a ‘few’ pounds a month to cover repairs etc. but have heard if the diesel pump goes I could be looking at a £3000 bill which started me looking for Warranties etc.

Nick

Last Modified By njsmith at 3 Jan 2010 - 6:17 PM
njsmith
3 Jan 2010 - 6:19 PM

Andy,

Thanks, I've done that but thought I would ask if anybody in this group had first hand experience.

Regards
Nick

User_Removed
3 Jan 2010 - 6:25 PM

Nick - Love Chrysler Jeeps BUT...

Chrysler spares are expensive, not normally held in stock by the dealership (certainly since the recession hit - they like many other manufacturers dealerships who sent the bulk of their stock back to the main distributor) and, they can cost an arm and a leg.

For things like diesel pumps etc, then (maybe) the Warranty premiums may be worthwhile but....

Just to give you an idea...

I have a Chrysler Neon in the garage (been there sine since just before Christmas) that needs a new exterior lighting control stalk (sides/heads/fogs etc)... the parts are on THREE-WEEK back order.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 3 Jan 2010 - 6:30 PM
nikon
nikon e2 Member 10106 forum postsnikon vcard England
3 Jan 2010 - 6:29 PM

Bought a Renault grand scenic three years old with 12K on the clock from a main ford dealers (Taken in as a trade in).
Bought an additional warrantee at £150 to cover twelve months.
Have had two problems Interim pulley failure and a new alternator job priced at £1200 at Main Reault dealers. Second problem with camshaft sensor failure, again repaired by main Renault dealers. Both bills picked up by warantee company (L.G.H.) without hassle paying main dealer direct

User_Removed
3 Jan 2010 - 6:31 PM

David...

That's Renault.

We're talking Chrysler here.

Smile

nikon
3 Jan 2010 - 6:36 PM

Thought the initial question was directed at non manufacturer warantee's

User_Removed
3 Jan 2010 - 6:39 PM

Which is what is being replied to David.

More specifically - what Chrysler parts availability is like - IF the 3rd-party Warranty provider is behaving reasonably.

When it come to Chrysler.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 3 Jan 2010 - 6:43 PM
nikon
3 Jan 2010 - 6:43 PM

Mike ,
Just offered a personal experience of dealings with a non manufacturer warantee company and their customer service.

User_Removed
3 Jan 2010 - 6:45 PM

Understood... Smile

njsmith
3 Jan 2010 - 6:47 PM

Mike,

I was told Jeep parts were expensive as a result of them being imported etc. but still went for the jeep, which I love, it's like driving an armchair comfort wise.

I've never bothered with warranties on my other cars but as this is a large 4x4 with two gear boxes and all that implies I got a little paranoid about breakdown etc. though I have never suffered any major faults with any of the cars I have had since 1979.

Warranty Wise want £1026 for 24 months cover. The dealer (non Jeep) I bought the Jeep from was twice as much for two years cover.

I am now thinking more along the lines of salting money away each month to cover any major repair. I always have my cars regularly serviced so hopefully any faults will be found before they turn 'Major'.

Nikon, thanks for your comment. glad to hear your experience of warranties is a good one.

Nick

Last Modified By njsmith at 3 Jan 2010 - 6:50 PM
cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2010 - 6:49 PM

I would agree with Mike, If an expensive item fails, There is a very healthy used part market.

Lost count of the number of Jeeps I have seen being broken for parts, Then all you need is a good independant garage.

njsmith
3 Jan 2010 - 6:53 PM

Cameracat,

I hadn't thought of used parts. I do use a 'freindly' trustworthy garage which I use to service my cars. The non warranty way is seeming more and more the way to go.....

Nick

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.