Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Any Electricians Out There ?

Taxboy e2
12 199
3 May 2011 7:36PM
The fitting for the under cabinet kitchen lighting has given up the ghost. I went back to Magnet where the kitchen came from but they no longer stock this fitting

My quick google suggests that it is probably discontinued. The fitting is marked
WL4002 - 16W and the tube T4 16W.

My question is can I just buy any other 16W fitting or will it have a different connector to mine thereby requiring a bit of rewiring (if so then I'll get a professional in as I do know enough to play with the mains electrickery )

Alternatively any ideas where i might still be able to source the same fitment

TIA

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

geoffash26 10 2.5k United Kingdom
3 May 2011 7:42PM
Unfortunatly every manufacture likes to change the plugs slightlt so they are not inter changeable will try and remmeber to ask if any one else recognises that part number at work tomorrow (in elec wholesale)
Are your lights linked on to the next or have you only got one cable going into the end?
Geoff
Taxboy e2
12 199
3 May 2011 7:53PM

Quote:Unfortunatly every manufacture likes to change the plugs slightlt so they are not inter changeable will try and remmeber to ask if any one else recognises that part number at work tomorrow (in elec wholesale)
Are your lights linked on to the next or have you only got one cable going into the end?
Geoff

Just the one cable but a second light under the other cabinet. Why am I not surprised the fittings are all different Wink

Thanks for your help on this
thewilliam 6 4.9k
3 May 2011 7:59PM
The law regarding electrical work has changed. A "part P" certificate is needed if an electrician is to legally work on any kitchen, bathroom or exterior installation.

You could unplug and remove the defective fitting and take to an electrical supplier to get a match. Just tell them that it came from a display cabinet in your living room!
3 May 2011 8:28PM

Quote:The law regarding electrical work has changed. A "part P" certificate is needed if an electrician is to legally work on any kitchen, bathroom or exterior installation.

You could unplug and remove the defective fitting and take to an electrical supplier to get a match. Just tell them that it came from a display cabinet in your living room!

No need to worry about this, certification depends on the type work you are carrying out not what part of the house you are doing it in,and the wholesalers arn't at all interested in whos qualified and whos not we only sell the goods.

Andrew I will reply tomorrow on availability of the same fitting Smile
Geoff
3 May 2011 9:54PM
Who do you work for Geoff? Reason I ask is I have previously worked for CEF and AC Electrical (AC got bought out I believe). Just wondering is all as it sometimes is a small world.

Stu
3 May 2011 10:06PM
Work for an independant in Bournemouth STB Electrical
3 May 2011 10:13PM
Miles away from where I used to work then. Is it the same there everyone wants it yesterday only to leave it in their office for a week after you drove miles to get said item within a few hours? That's how it was here lol Smile
Hugo e2
9 647 United Kingdom
3 May 2011 10:30PM
Anything like the fitting on the end of this??

http://cpc.farnell.com/eterna/tus16nl/ultraslim-link-triphosphor-fitting/dp/LA02745?in_merch=Products%20From%20This%20Range&MER=e-bb45-00001003

The lead is also shown on the right.

Edit : Is the the bulb you need?

http://cpc.farnell.com/eterna/n64-5/ultraslim-link-triphosphor-fitting/dp/LA02749

"Fitting dimensions (HxD): 43 x 19mm"
4 May 2011 10:18AM
No luck against that part number I'm afraid.

If your competent enough to wire a plug top I would suggest doing it your self. Its only two wire to connect
Geoff
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
4 May 2011 5:54PM
Andy

Not sure where you are but check HERE and HERE

Dave
Taxboy e2
12 199
4 May 2011 6:47PM

Quote:Anything like the fitting on the end of this??

http://cpc.farnell.com/eterna/tus16nl/ultraslim-link-triphosphor-fitting/dp/LA02745?in_merch=Products%20From%20This%20Range&MER=e-bb45-00001003

The lead is also shown on the right.

Edit : Is the the bulb you need?

http://cpc.farnell.com/eterna/n64-5/ultraslim-link-triphosphor-fitting/dp/LA02749

"Fitting dimensions (HxD): 43 x 19mm"

Thanks for this the fitting looks similar although it's impossible to tell from the pic exactly. My connector is a female 2 pin on the lead going into a male 2 pin on the fitting and it's horizontally orientated rather than vertical but that won't make any differecne if its the same fitting - it may be worth my while ringing around to see if any has some old stock knocking about

Thanks for your time on this

Andrew
Taxboy e2
12 199
4 May 2011 6:47PM

Quote:No luck against that part number I'm afraid.

If your competent enough to wire a plug top I would suggest doing it your self. Its only two wire to connect
Geoff

Thanks for looking out for this

Regards
Andrew

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.