Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Any Electricians Out There ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Taxboy
    Taxboy  12199 forum posts
    3 May 2011 - 7:36 PM

The fitting for the under cabinet kitchen lighting has given up the ghost. I went back to Magnet where the kitchen came from but they no longer stock this fitting

My quick google suggests that it is probably discontinued. The fitting is marked
    WL4002 - 16W and the tube T4 16W.

My question is can I just buy any other 16W fitting or will it have a different connector to mine thereby requiring a bit of rewiring (if so then I'll get a professional in as I do know enough to play with the mains electrickery )

Alternatively any ideas where i might still be able to source the same fitment

TIA

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 May 2011 - 7:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

geoffash26
    geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 May 2011 - 7:42 PM

Unfortunatly every manufacture likes to change the plugs slightlt so they are not inter changeable will try and remmeber to ask if any one else recognises that part number at work tomorrow (in elec wholesale)
    Are your lights linked on to the next or have you only got one cable going into the end?
    Geoff

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Taxboy
    3 May 2011 - 7:53 PM

Quote: Unfortunatly every manufacture likes to change the plugs slightlt so they are not inter changeable will try and remmeber to ask if any one else recognises that part number at work tomorrow (in elec wholesale)
    Are your lights linked on to the next or have you only got one cable going into the end?
    Geoff

Just the one cable but a second light under the other cabinet. Why am I not surprised the fittings are all different Wink

Thanks for your help on this

thewilliam
    3 May 2011 - 7:59 PM

The law regarding electrical work has changed. A "part P" certificate is needed if an electrician is to legally work on any kitchen, bathroom or exterior installation.

You could unplug and remove the defective fitting and take to an electrical supplier to get a match. Just tell them that it came from a display cabinet in your living room!

geoffash26
    3 May 2011 - 8:28 PM

Quote: The law regarding electrical work has changed. A "part P" certificate is needed if an electrician is to legally work on any kitchen, bathroom or exterior installation.

You could unplug and remove the defective fitting and take to an electrical supplier to get a match. Just tell them that it came from a display cabinet in your living room!

No need to worry about this, certification depends on the type work you are carrying out not what part of the house you are doing it in,and the wholesalers arn't at all interested in whos qualified and whos not we only sell the goods.

Andrew I will reply tomorrow on availability of the same fitting Smile
    Geoff

MrGoatsmilk
    3 May 2011 - 9:54 PM

Who do you work for Geoff? Reason I ask is I have previously worked for CEF and AC Electrical (AC got bought out I believe). Just wondering is all as it sometimes is a small world.

Stu

geoffash26
    3 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

Work for an independant in Bournemouth STB Electrical

MrGoatsmilk
    3 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Miles away from where I used to work then. Is it the same there everyone wants it yesterday only to leave it in their office for a week after you drove miles to get said item within a few hours? That's how it was here lol Smile

Hugo
    Hugo  9639 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Anything like the fitting on the end of this??

http://cpc.farnell.com/eterna/tus16nl/ultraslim-link-triphosphor-fitting/dp/LA02...

The lead is also shown on the right.

Edit : Is the the bulb you need?

http://cpc.farnell.com/eterna/n64-5/ultraslim-link-triphosphor-fitting/dp/LA0274...

"Fitting dimensions (HxD): 43 x 19mm"

Last Modified By Hugo at 3 May 2011 - 10:32 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    geoffash26
    4 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

No luck against that part number I'm afraid.

If your competent enough to wire a plug top I would suggest doing it your self. Its only two wire to connect
    Geoff

dcash29
    dcash29  91915 forum posts England
    4 May 2011 - 5:54 PM

Andy

Not sure where you are but check HERE and HERE

Dave

Taxboy
    4 May 2011 - 6:47 PM

Quote: Anything like the fitting on the end of this??

http://cpc.farnell.com/eterna/tus16nl/ultraslim-link-triphosphor-fitting/dp/LA02...

The lead is also shown on the right.

Edit : Is the the bulb you need?

http://cpc.farnell.com/eterna/n64-5/ultraslim-link-triphosphor-fitting/dp/LA0274...

"Fitting dimensions (HxD): 43 x 19mm"

Thanks for this the fitting looks similar although it's impossible to tell from the pic exactly. My connector is a female 2 pin on the lead going into a male 2 pin on the fitting and it's horizontally orientated rather than vertical but that won't make any differecne if its the same fitting - it may be worth my while ringing around to see if any has some old stock knocking about

Thanks for your time on this

Andrew

Taxboy
    4 May 2011 - 6:47 PM

Quote: No luck against that part number I'm afraid.

If your competent enough to wire a plug top I would suggest doing it your self. Its only two wire to connect
    Geoff

Thanks for looking out for this

Regards
    Andrew

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.