Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Any Ghostbusters in the Membership?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014796 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2013 - 7:12 PM

10 good places to see ghosts.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Nov 2013 - 7:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2013 - 7:28 PM

The Arthur Findlay College In Stansted Mountfitchet will suffice for most on a ghost huntTongue

Dave_Canon
3 Nov 2013 - 7:45 PM

I live near what is claimed as the most haunted village in England. Of course I have never seen a ghost there but a Camera Club friend took a photograph of a ghost in the local churchyard. He dressed his wife in a monks habit and with an open shutter at night had her walk into the scene pause for a second then walk out. With a multi-second exposure, the monk was semi-transparent (pre-digital). Overall he composed and planned the image well and it did reasonably well in competitions but, at that time he placed many of his images in Image libraries. Eventually he was contacted by the local newspaper who published the image though he explained that it was fake (no problem they said). This led to contact by an International Paranormal magazine who wanted it for their front cover. He mentioned that it was fake but they ignored this and agreed an attractive price. He still emphasised that it was fake to which the response was "I am an editor and my job is to give the readers what they want to see". Later my friend was visited by a lady who gave talks on ghosts for a living on cruise ships. She said that she lived in the area and had seen this ghost herself so she would like to buy the photo to illustrate her lecture. He mentioned to her at least 6 times that it was fake but she seemed not to hear each time!!

I have been to one of the "top ten" buildings in the link and had no idea it was haunted so did not notice any ghosts.

Dave

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014796 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2013 - 8:52 PM

I have stayed at the Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC, many times on layovers, and everything was normal, as far as I know.

monstersnowman

I get my ghost kicks from watching 'Most Haunted' for a few laughs and of course to rant at the TV at Kreed Kafer and the cynical family production team that makes a big living from chucking pebbles and overreacting to noises and insects caught in the night vision. Grin i would though love to spend a night somewhere with a group to see how imagination affects common sense and reason.

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 3 Nov 2013 - 9:33 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2013 - 9:44 PM

Hehe I worked for a while as a night manager in a supposedly haunted hotel.

Every morning between 6 and 7 they would be this musky burning smell, they got a medium in or someone like that, they claimed the smell was because in the old days it would be around the time all the candle`s got snuffed out Smile Smile

This I just laughed at, I`m not superstitious.

A few months later we had a fire in one of the old cellars, turned out it was an electrical problem, the owner had added extra rooms without planing permission and when everyone woke up and had a shower or bath it would overload the fuse box Smile Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 3 Nov 2013 - 9:45 PM
spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2013 - 11:25 PM

Quote: I get my ghost kicks from watching 'Most Haunted' for a few laughs

Like this?

Grin

StrayCat
4 Nov 2013 - 12:21 AM

Lol, that's too scarey for me!!!Grin

LouiseTopp
4 Nov 2013 - 11:02 AM

Quote: Every morning between 6 and 7 they would be this musky burning smell, they got a medium in or someone like that, they claimed the smell was because in the old days it would be around the time all the candle’s got snuffed out.

Sounds like what’s called the ‘stone tape theory‘. A lot of old buildings have traces of clear quartz in the structure and is a good reception material. Quartz is often found in old wirelice (radio’s), and are very good at recording imprints left from history and events which have happened in that particular area.

Quote: I get my ghost kicks from watching 'Most Haunted' for a few laughs

That’s a terrible program. I bet spirit take bets on who can make Yvette Fielding scream the loudest.. The spirit world have a wicked sense of humour, eg: I once found my bank book in the fridge (don’t ask me how it got there coz I don’t know) because mum and me had been talking about frozen assets and I think someone was listening.

Ghost Hunters is a lot better then Most haunted.

boo-.jpg

This is a lady called Dorothy Walpole (1686–1726) who lived at Raynham Hall in Norfolk. Known as the Brown lady because of the brown brocade dress she wears, she was the sister of Robert Walpole (the first Prime Minister of Great Britain). The second wife of Charles Townshend, he was well known for his violent temper etc.

Anyway, ledgend says that when Townshend discovered that his wife had been having an affair with Lord Wharton he punished her by locking her in her rooms in the family home, Raynham Hall. This photo was taken in 1936 by Country life magazine. Other roumours say she fell down the stairs breaking her neck, or was she pushed?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2013 - 11:38 AM

if you go down in the woods today and consume a certain type of mushroom, Im sure you'll see a few ghosts.... and many other oddities Wink

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73869 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2013 - 11:49 AM

Arn't you from the foot of Pendle Hill Ade, I bet theres a few of the locals that have seen a thing or two after a night at the pub.. you know how gullible they are that side of the Pennines Wink

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2013 - 12:21 PM

Looks like there's a fair degree of gullibility south of them too. Wink

polis_928tadw59

Two weeks back I was out walking the dog. 300yds away, and coming towards me was a man with a black labrador alongside him. The dog went into a hedgerow out of my sight,and I then recognised the man as an acquaintance, whose black labrador had died about a year back. When we met up I said, "So you have got another dog then." He told me he had not, and when I told him what I had seen, he remarked that it would have been "Ash", the name of his dog which had died. My wife was about 60yds behind me with our older dog, and she had also seen a black dog walking alongside the man.

Perturbed, frightened ? No. It just makes me wonder and think.

mikehit
mikehit  56450 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2013 - 1:32 PM

monstersnowman

Quote: Two weeks back I was out walking the dog. 300yds away, and coming towards me was a man with a black labrador alongside him. The dog went into a hedgerow out of my sight,and I then recognised the man as an acquaintance, whose black labrador had died about a year back. When we met up I said, "So you have got another dog then." He told me he had not, and when I told him what I had seen, he remarked that it would have been "Ash", the name of his dog which had died. My wife was about 60yds behind me with our older dog, and she had also seen a black dog walking alongside the man.

Perturbed, frightened ? No. It just makes me wonder and think.

Things like this make interesting reading but offer many potential explanations. Maybe you were used to seeing the man with his dog and being so far away a trick of the light or similar caused you to interpret the sighting as a dog you would have expected to see with him from past meetings in the area. The human brain sees small areas in detail and fills in the rest from assumption and guesswork much of the time ... Also your wife was possibly also subject to your suggestion that there was a dog there and simply confirmed this subconciously, escpecially as she was even further away - you were a significant distance away and she quite a considerable distance further back behind you. Also i know from experience that a story recounted becomes even more convincing, even to the teller, the more it is told and examined in hindsight. Things that could explain the incident alternatively are subconciously discounted and left out or even purposely as it makes the whole account less interesting. Human beings are prone to all manner of suggestion, misinterpretation and forms of cognitive dissonance. Just to confirm, i am not suggesting you made it up Grin Studies of staged events with witnesses at close hand show vastly differing and indeed completely conflicting accounts, with accounts wildly differing with even the slightest influence, though all believe they give a full, true and accurate account of an event. The human mind is very unreliable .. I know .. Mine is highly unreliable Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.