Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

any info on the canon 5D mk l

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 6:41 PM

Quote: BTW who is Fisher price are they a member on this site

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Tough-Pink-Digital-Camera/dp/B00284CAZ4/ref...

Smile Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Sep 2012 - 6:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

stevem
stevem  9238 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Sep 2012 - 7:13 PM

Quote: Well compared to some of the stuff I use that 5D has a hugely cropped sensor

People need to stop thinking in terms of full frame, we now live in the digital age.

I think you will be better of using a fisher price camera with your attitude.

This is exactly the attitude why I stopped using this site - I've just recently asked for my password as I had forgotten it. I'll be deleting what remains of my old pics.....Tongue

stevem
2 Sep 2012 - 7:15 PM

Oh & BTW Don the 5D is an excellent camera...

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 7:59 PM

Quote: This is exactly the attitude why I stopped using this site - I've just recently asked for my password as I had forgotten it. I'll be deleting what remains of my old pics....

Lol and you talk about attitude Smile

Fact is the 5D is very old technology and now 7 years old, its still capable, but its now way behind even the cheapest of crop frame dslr`s.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 2 Sep 2012 - 8:03 PM
stevem
2 Sep 2012 - 8:07 PM

Quote: Fact is the 5D is very old technology and now 7 years old, its still capable, but its now way behind even the cheapest of crop frame dslr`s.

See what I mean! - you forgot to add IMBO (in my blinkered onion) As an self appointed "expert" you talk a lot of Jackson Pollocks Mr Morgan

User_Removed
2 Sep 2012 - 8:08 PM

Quote: as for Mike Otley he must have had the same teacher as you.

I'll leave you to work out the technicalities Don:

This was shot on a Micro 4/3rds Camera body using a Nikon DX Lens.

This guy is one of the leading glamour/fashion photographers and he uses...???

Micro 4/3rds

Time you did some homework matey...

Wink

Paul Morgan
2 Sep 2012 - 8:11 PM

Quote: you talk a lot of Jackson Pollocks Mr Morgan

I said it was still capable, am I wrong then Smile

stevem
2 Sep 2012 - 8:20 PM

Here we go...... micro 4/3rds, full frame verus crop, next it'll be Mac V PC same old same old...... tired old guff................I might shoot a wedding on an instamatic.........

Paul Morgan
2 Sep 2012 - 8:33 PM

Yep and you might get better results Smile

Dado
Dado  564 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 8:39 PM

Quote: BTW who is Fisher price are they a member on this site

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Tough-Pink-Digital-Camera/dp/B00284CAZ4/ref...

Smile Smile

Thanks for the link, at £70 it is probably quite up to the job.
PS I have left a note to Father Christmas, Hope he can get me one.
Im so happy I sh-t myself.

GlennH
GlennH e2 Member 81820 forum postsGlennH vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2012 - 11:59 PM

Worst thing about the original 5D I think is its tendency to quickly gather dust onto its sensor, but still there's a reason the 5D costs a few hundred quid second-hand—while other cameras of similar vintage are effectively now high-tech doorstops.

The files the 5D produces are outrageously clean at low ISOs if you eyeball them at pixel level on a monitor, to an extent you won't see in a crop-sensor, high-res, modern day equivalent—but that's a pixel-peeping evaluation. You'd see similar files in the old 1D MK II as well, since it shared exactly the same pixel density. The smaller files are well-liked by some folk because they're good for most purposes without taking up much storage space or forcing you to throw football-pitch sized pics around on your monitor.

The advantage in dynamic range, which the 5D held strongly over first-generation DSLRs, is diminished when compared to modern crop-sensor cameras. A comparison on DxO Mark indicates that the 5D still holds its own, even though the marking system is a little arbitrary.

The 5D is ancient in other respects - focusing technology notably, although the same technology didn't prevent the 5D MK II from being a hit. Perhaps the best reason to buy the 5D over an entry-level DSLR is simply the 'look' of the pictures it'll give you for relatively little money. If you like the shallow depth of field effect and 'creamy' looking, manageably sized image files, that's a reason to choose the 5D over a modern crop-sensor camera.

Last Modified By GlennH at 3 Sep 2012 - 12:06 AM
Dado
Dado  564 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 12:24 AM

Thanks every body for all your help and especially to GlennH with a nicely presented Post on the 5D mk1
Not forgetting Paul Morgan for supplying the amusement.
BTW I think it must be a stunning camera going by the images they produce.

tepot
tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Sep 2012 - 12:40 AM

ok lets cut the ***** about image quality here, you can have a $10,000 camera with a 50MP sensor and you'll STILL get crap images if you use a shaky tripod or shoot at .5 secs handheld, my point being there is a lot more to a good image than a decent camera.

Dado just by the damn camera will you, it's wonderful Grin

Terry.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 3 Sep 2012 - 9:41 AM
Niknut
Niknut e2 Member 4386 forum postsNiknut vcard United Kingdom60 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2012 - 3:56 PM

GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin !!!!!.....I haven't laughed so much. since Ma caught her t.ts in the mangle !!!!!!!

Paul Morgan
3 Sep 2012 - 4:31 PM

Quote: I haven't laughed so much. since Ma caught her t.ts in the mangle !!!!!!!

And why is that then ?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.