Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

any instant cures

1 Jun 2012 6:49PM
anybody out there know any cure for sore throat and lack of voice have been on the normal stuff but does not seem to be working

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
1 Jun 2012 6:55PM
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
1 Jun 2012 7:07PM
gargling with salt water Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
1 Jun 2012 7:09PM
How opportune. I've got the same thing.
An interesting remedy Paul, but I wonder if G&T works just as well. Worth a try. Smile
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2012 7:23PM
A tablespoon of Australian Eucalyptus honey, a teaspoon of sugar, sliced fresh lemon and top up with boiling water. Stir, then allow to cool slightly and quaff gently
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2012 7:28PM
Krupnik is good

1-1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
8 sticks cinnamon
2 whole cloves
3 strips lemon peel
1 bottle vodka

Combine honey with the water, vanilla, spices and the lemon peel in saucepan.
Bring to the boil, and simmer for about 5 min.
Add vodka, remove from heat serve hot.

You can drink it cold, it's better hot. Try not to breathe in while drinking. Use a small glass.

Not sure it actually cures a sore throat, certainly alleviates it, very pleasant trying, Na zdrowie Smile
sitan1 6 561 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2012 7:28PM
I have a tablespoon of vinegar before bed, may not suit everyone but has worked for me.
It feels like it burns the throat slightly which I hope helps to kill the germs.
if anyone makes fun of this remedy please blame my mum Wink
Hali 3 44 Scotland
1 Jun 2012 7:34PM
That's a coincidence.

One of my friends is in a band and has an important gig tonight (big producer going to see them) and she said their singer had phoned to say he was losing his voice. She told me that if necessary she'd put him on something which singers use for short term relief. I got the impression that it isn't so much a cure, it just gives you your voice back for a bit (and some temporary relief from the symptoms). Unfortunately I don't think she told me what it was, but googling, I think it might have been Entertainer's Secret. In any event, google 'throat relief for singers' as there are various suggestions.

Personally I don't think you can beat honey and whisky.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
1 Jun 2012 8:40PM
Home made lemonade with honey. And gargling with salt water
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
1 Jun 2012 10:10PM
Wear a pair of trousers with a zip fly. Open the fly and let your willy hang out. Zip your fly up really fast.

Doesn't really help with the sore throat but you soon forget about it.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
1 Jun 2012 10:16PM

Quote:Wear a pair of trousers with a zip fly. Open the fly and let your willy hang out. Zip your fly up really fast.
Doesn't really help with the sore throat but you soon forget about it.

That doesn't really help me, Boyd. Wink
1 Jun 2012 10:20PM

Quote:That doesn't really help me, Boyd

Doesn't help Boyd either

Wink
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
1 Jun 2012 10:27PM
Well it does in a way. I've won three soprano competitions recently although generally I sing baritone. Also the desensitising nature of my 'cure' has enabled me to use my willy for a variety of household tasks; knocking in the occasional loose nail, cleaning the gutters, hitting home runs in the odd game of street baseball (well the policeman called it odd), smoothing down the felt on a snooker table and removing a blockage from my neighbours back passage! It's win win!
1 Jun 2012 11:24PM
I was with you all the way until you mentioned your neighbour.....
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
1 Jun 2012 11:30PM
Hardly surprising. You've never liked her ever since she caught you rummaging through her front garden with your short yet surprisingly wide lens.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.