Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

any instant cures

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

youmightlikethis
youmightlikethis e2 Member 111003 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
1 Jun 2012 - 6:49 PM

anybody out there know any cure for sore throat and lack of voice have been on the normal stuff but does not seem to be working

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jun 2012 - 6:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314905 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2012 - 6:55 PM

How brave are you feeling Smile

http://www.agamayoga.com/articles/amaroli.htm

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2012 - 7:07 PM

gargling with salt water Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54203 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2012 - 7:09 PM

How opportune. I've got the same thing.
An interesting remedy Paul, but I wonder if G&T works just as well. Worth a try. Smile

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85856 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2012 - 7:23 PM

A tablespoon of Australian Eucalyptus honey, a teaspoon of sugar, sliced fresh lemon and top up with boiling water. Stir, then allow to cool slightly and quaff gently

keith selmes
1 Jun 2012 - 7:28 PM

Krupnik is good

1-1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
8 sticks cinnamon
2 whole cloves
3 strips lemon peel
1 bottle vodka

Combine honey with the water, vanilla, spices and the lemon peel in saucepan.
Bring to the boil, and simmer for about 5 min.
Add vodka, remove from heat serve hot.

You can drink it cold, it's better hot. Try not to breathe in while drinking. Use a small glass.

Not sure it actually cures a sore throat, certainly alleviates it, very pleasant trying, Na zdrowie Smile

sitan1
sitan1  5456 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Jun 2012 - 7:28 PM

I have a tablespoon of vinegar before bed, may not suit everyone but has worked for me.
It feels like it burns the throat slightly which I hope helps to kill the germs.
if anyone makes fun of this remedy please blame my mum Wink

Hali
Hali  344 forum posts Scotland
1 Jun 2012 - 7:34 PM

That's a coincidence.

One of my friends is in a band and has an important gig tonight (big producer going to see them) and she said their singer had phoned to say he was losing his voice. She told me that if necessary she'd put him on something which singers use for short term relief. I got the impression that it isn't so much a cure, it just gives you your voice back for a bit (and some temporary relief from the symptoms). Unfortunately I don't think she told me what it was, but googling, I think it might have been Entertainer's Secret. In any event, google 'throat relief for singers' as there are various suggestions.

Personally I don't think you can beat honey and whisky.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
1 Jun 2012 - 8:40 PM

Home made lemonade with honey. And gargling with salt water

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2012 - 10:10 PM

Wear a pair of trousers with a zip fly. Open the fly and let your willy hang out. Zip your fly up really fast.

Doesn't really help with the sore throat but you soon forget about it.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54203 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2012 - 10:16 PM

Quote: Wear a pair of trousers with a zip fly. Open the fly and let your willy hang out. Zip your fly up really fast.
Doesn't really help with the sore throat but you soon forget about it.

That doesn't really help me, Boyd. Wink

Big Bri
1 Jun 2012 - 10:20 PM

Quote: That doesn't really help me, Boyd

Doesn't help Boyd either

Wink

Boyd
1 Jun 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well it does in a way. I've won three soprano competitions recently although generally I sing baritone. Also the desensitising nature of my 'cure' has enabled me to use my willy for a variety of household tasks; knocking in the occasional loose nail, cleaning the gutters, hitting home runs in the odd game of street baseball (well the policeman called it odd), smoothing down the felt on a snooker table and removing a blockage from my neighbours back passage! It's win win!

Big Bri
1 Jun 2012 - 11:24 PM

I was with you all the way until you mentioned your neighbour.....

Boyd
1 Jun 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hardly surprising. You've never liked her ever since she caught you rummaging through her front garden with your short yet surprisingly wide lens.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.