Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Any Man City supporters out there?

JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
19 Feb 2009 8:41PM
I'm deverstated, if you have read my earlier thread re taking my son to see Liverpool play at Anfield on Sunday, you will know that I'm treating him on his 10th birthday to see his beloved Liverpool play.
Got the ticket locations today and they are for the Man City end.
I bought in good faith tickets to see Liverpool at Anfield and nowhere was there any mention of away tickets, 300 is a lot of money but that's not the issue as it's a one off and I can afford it but the shine has gone off the whole thing now. Nothing against City, I'm neutral but the excitement lost now not being able to wear his shirt and cheer and soak up the atmosphere has left me ...aaarhhh.

So, any Liverpool supporters out there who want to sit with the city mob?

I know, I know....

Cheers for suffering my rant.
John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul65 6 258 England
19 Feb 2009 9:13PM
300 for 2 tickets. Where were you thinking of sitting, next to Rafa?

I don't beleive you can have made your purchase through a reputable source. I'm afraid you may have been ripped off.
Slippery_Jim 6 597 England
19 Feb 2009 9:31PM

Quote:300 for 2 tickets. Where were you thinking of sitting, next to Rafa?

I don't beleive you can have made your purchase through a reputable source. I'm afraid you may have been ripped off.

Must Have, 39 Adult price for a category A game at Anfield
Nikon_Tog 6 105 England
20 Feb 2009 8:19AM
Are you sure they are for Man City section of the Anfield Road end. if my memory serves me correctly only turnstiles Q1-3 are for away supporters.

Have to agree that you have been ripped off over the price though.

Barry.
pcheywood 9 1.3k England
20 Feb 2009 9:57AM
How much [insert shocked emoticon]. As barry says, are you sure they are for the 'gods own' section, as Citys allocation isn't large.

Paul.
pepperst 7 2.3k 4 Wales
20 Feb 2009 11:56AM
After last nights continuation of the vampire defending we have employed this season 3 quid is to much for a city away game.
Nickscape 8 704 9 England
20 Feb 2009 12:56PM
who manage to persuade you to pay 300 for 2 tickets?
john64 e2
10 824 England
20 Feb 2009 1:06PM
300 ? I'd want a seat on the bench for that.

After seeing the defending last night you could do a lot worse than take me up on that.
20 Feb 2009 1:45PM
Thanks all for the amirmation I paid too much but I knew what I was paying and knew adult ticket price is 38, I was prepared to pay 300 for two tickets to sit in a Liverpool seat as I couldn't source tickets any other way and being a one off treat for my son's birthday I was happy to do this, just not pleased to find out we have to sit in the away supporters stand. This I feel I have been ripped off for the fact I haven't got a seat I was expecting.

Anyway, my son has come to terms with the situation and it won't deter us from enjoying the day out, depending on the result of course....Smile

Is it possible to get genuine Liverpool seats on a weekend for cat A games for non club members?

Would be useful info for future.

Cheers,
John
john64 e2
10 824 England
20 Feb 2009 1:57PM
John, try calling the club and checking where your seats are. I've been to Anfield a few times as an away supporter and they do have home supporters in the same stand with a segregation between the two. You may be lucky and find that you are with the home fans after all.

Enjoy the game
John
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Feb 2009 1:58PM
Can't help you, John.
But I wonder how come you bought the tickets for 300 without knowing where the seats are?
Enjoy the game no matter what.
20 Feb 2009 3:07PM
John, I asked and am in the visitors section.

Koh, I bought the tickets for a Liverpool seat, that's the whole point of my rant and frustration, I got an email yesterday confirming postage delivery and it then said which stand it was, the actual tickets came today, I've tried to contact the agents but guess what no response.
The price isn't an issue for me, it's buying tickets for Anfield to see Liverpool sitting in a Liverppol supporters section but getting visitor supporters seats.

If it was me alone watching I wouldn't be overly bothered but it's my son's dream of seeing Liverpool play shattered a bit.

You live and learn I guess.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Feb 2009 3:11PM
Oh dear...
Which website is it? Named and shamed.
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
20 Feb 2009 3:18PM
Did you pay with a credit card?
20 Feb 2009 3:45PM
VISA debit card

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.