Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

any one tried Yongnuo

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

love_photo
love_photo Junior Member 4 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 - 4:56 PM

hi not been around for a few years as i didnt have much time as i was moving from primary to secondary school and then i almost forgot about this site Sad but im now doing GCSE photography Grin

any way i am shooting for my cousins wedding in i think april 2013 and am thinking about investing in a new flash and am keen on trying some off camera flash work i think its called slave? and i saw the brand Yongnuo and thought that for 40-50 quid its too cheap to be any good so thought better stick with nikon and just shell out the extra 150-200 quid but thought i shall try to who has tried them what they think so decided to try on here! obviously for a wedding it must be bright enough and consistent and reliable and well built also i would not only be using it for this one wedding and them letting it collect dust on a shelf it would need to be used for years in the future! so any one got an opinion or even better any one own a Yongnuo and a real nikon speedlight?

oh by the way my camera is Nikon D70 Tongue

Thanks Ed

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Dec 2012 - 4:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

love_photo
17 Dec 2012 - 5:26 PM

also about a nikon sb-400 any good will it work with my camera or will it fry what about off camera wok with this will any Yongnuo fry my camera or be un-suitable for off camera work?

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8991 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 5:32 PM

Yongnuo YN560 II Flash Speedlite i have a few of them ones they are manual only, work perfect for my needs and no problems so far. They also have this version now Yongnuo YN-565EX i-TTL which will be easy to use if you can't handle working in manual mode.

Both of the above will not fry your camera.

Forget the sb400.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 17 Dec 2012 - 5:34 PM
love_photo
17 Dec 2012 - 5:46 PM

when you say manual what does that include having to do? and will either of them be suitable for off camera flash work will i need something like this or will it work on its own, do they have in built infa red sensors and if they do di i have to purchase a separate transmitter to go on my D70 hot shoe??????

redsnappa
redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 - 6:19 PM

I've been using a pair of Yongnuo flash triggers for nearly 4 years and they utterly reliable, they have not once missed a beat.

love_photo
17 Dec 2012 - 7:10 PM

i reckon i may pay off the 30 quid i owe my dad and then treat my self to a Yongnuo early in the new year as my birthday is exactly 1 week after Christmas Tongue hopefully have a few months to play with it before the wedding maybe even set my self up with a wireless hot shoe trigger and mess about with that! will report back how it all goes Grin

love_photo
17 Dec 2012 - 7:11 PM

any idea what model i should get that is similar to the nikon sb-800 or even the new nikon sb-910

steveh5
steveh5  372 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 - 8:23 PM

I have 2 YN460 mk2 and a SB800 for my nikon D80. As Gareth said they are manual so you have to set the power. They will work off a cable as they have a pc socket, off radio triggers (i use Ishoot), off the built in flash and of course on the camera hot shoe. Only had them a couple of months but find they are reliable and easy to set up. The 460 has no ttl but as I use my SB800 on manual as crowds can fool the ttl meter, so no ttl makes no difference.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72271 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 8:24 PM

Just search ebay for Yongnuo TTL flash, for Nikon.
I think Pixel Knight make TTL flash triggers for Nikon but I'm not sure.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 9:11 PM

There flash is excellent for the money, the recycle times are slower than Nikon flash, but ideal for off camera stuff, where you will be in manual anyway ( unless you can get Nikons CLS to work, but then only with something like the SB900). You will need triggers - I use Yongnuo RF602s but they have been super ceded by the RF603. Not had one problem with either the flash or triggers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yongnuo-RF-603-3-PCS-wireless-flash-trigger-Nikon-N3-f...

For Yongnuos full range of flash and triggers take a look at their web site (even have some that supposedly recognise Nikon CLS ( that's a change since last time I looked)

http://www.hkyongnuo.com/e-ourproduct.php?category=1.Flash

Last Modified By Nick_w at 17 Dec 2012 - 9:12 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014807 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 10:34 PM

great flashes - use them all the time, they just work....

User_Removed
17 Dec 2012 - 11:34 PM

Got one Yongnuo flash and several of their triggers, fab value, reliable, recommended.

duratorque
duratorque  11413 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Dec 2012 - 5:52 AM

I've been using Yongnuo YN565EX (the Canon version). It has the same power output as a Canon 580EX, but for about 100. It features full TTL and wireless slave (in TTL and manual control). It is a bargain compared to the Canon flashes. Build quality is good. The only thing it can not do is act as a wireless commander or high speed sync, which I never use. They make a version for Nikon that supports CLS.

Lucian
Lucian  4561 forum posts
18 Dec 2012 - 11:36 AM

My yongnou ha 565 has went faulty after 4 weddings. Im not happy like and i dont know where to contact as its under warranty.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2012 - 11:54 AM

Its strange Lucian (James ???) must be the unlukiest guy on EPZ nothing seems to work for him

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.