Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Any other interests apart from photography?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 2:41 PM

Quote: The aircraft flight path picture is a screenshot from the iMac app 'Plane Finder' showing planet wide flights in real time.(
Is that this site? It's the one I follow.

I have used that one, but find that 'Plane finder' is clearer. The one you follow actually has its own forum.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jun 2013 - 2:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 2:46 PM

Quote: The aircraft flight path picture is a screenshot from the iMac app 'Plane Finder' showing planet wide flights in real time..........er.....I can tell that you're all absolutely fascinated by that!Sad
Thanks. I just downloaded the iPhone version. Smile

I have versions on iMac, iPad and iPhone.

Newdevonian
1 Jun 2013 - 2:56 PM

I collect and run a web site on antique beer steins. So that means I get two anoraks.
Three, if I can empty 1% of them

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 3:20 PM

Oops, for a second there, I thought that read beer stains. Sorry. I should imagine they would take up quite a bit of room?

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43925 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2013 - 3:33 PM

Quote: Very nice, Malc. I've bookmarked it. Thanks.

If you click on any plane icon, a side window opens with all its info...id, flight route, etc, etc.

Malc

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 3:38 PM

The picture I posted is from the iPad version

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43925 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2013 - 3:39 PM

Quote: The aircraft flight path picture is a screenshot from the iMac app 'Plane Finder' showing planet wide flights in real time.(
Is that this site? It's the one I follow.

I have used that one, but find that 'Plane finder' is clearer. The one you follow actually has its own forum.

"Yours" looks good too...I'll have to do a comparison...the forum side of R24 doesn't interest me.

Malc

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 3:44 PM

My iMac version is a paid for app. Costing very little. It is well worth it.

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 4:01 PM

Also since my wife passed away 5 years ago.I have developed quite an interest in cooking. Nothing too ambitious. Mainly soups, stews and casseroles. All the comfort food stuff. I've also dabbled in bread making.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
1 Jun 2013 - 4:17 PM

Quote: If you click on any plane icon, a side window opens with all its info...id, flight route, etc, etc.

Yes, that I particularly like. Sadly, the information available in 'Plane Finder' (at least, the free version on iPhone) isn't anywhere near as extensive. I sometimes sit of an evening in a location which, in addition to having a lovely view, is also under the final glidepath for my local airport. I enjoy watching the planes coming in overhead, and for some reason it would appeal to me to know where their journeys began.

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 5:08 PM

True. I use the iPhone version for emergencies only. The iPad one will give me its registration or flight number, depending on my choice. And with a single tap of a plane, will also give me departure and destination airports as well as altitude and compass bearing.
The iMac version gives all that as standard without clicking, plus the airlines logo. I also use a radio scanner tuned to the airline frequencies, so I can listen to them talking as well.
My picture shows, on the right, aircraft on the Lambourne beacon in Essex entering a holding pattern whilst reducing height, awaiting their turn to approach London Heathrow airport. They then fly all the way over to Watford, or there abouts. then come back to my house (the blue dot) then they line up to land at Heathrow.

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 5:25 PM

12-image.jpg

Here is British Airways Boeing 777 G-YMMR on its way from London Heathrow to Denver Colorado flying at 35.000ft over my daughters house in Scotland, just a few moments ago.

petebfrance
1 Jun 2013 - 5:33 PM

Music - guitar, piano / keyboard.
Some painting, quite mixed really - here's one example from some years back:
viol.jpg
digital 3d stuff, although of late I've given up on this as the PC is not up to it Sad
oh, and recently got interested in model trains:
jubsm.jpg

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 5:39 PM

Ah! Now there's a right can of worms. The number of times i've tried to get a model railway up and running and failed due to one reason or another. Usually the root cause is overambitiousness!

Last Modified By Goldfynche at 1 Jun 2013 - 5:40 PM
petebfrance
1 Jun 2013 - 5:51 PM

Quote: Ah! Now there's a right can of worms. The number of times i've tried to get a model railway up and running and failed due to one reason or another. Usually the root cause is overambitiousness!

Can't help there, I'm afraid! I just put track down and run them when I feel like it - usually on the dining-room table (used to do that as a child) or in the garden. I'm not keen on fixed layouts for lots of reasons....
(the more people try to make them look real the more inconsistencies stand out - well, in my opinion anyway,
they always seem to be dusty,
I'd have to decide what layout I wanted,
the layout would probably end up being inconveniently placed,
it would require work......
etc.)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.