Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Any other interests apart from photography?

Goldfynche 1 306 England
1 Jun 2013 5:58PM
So true. Although I have to concede that sometimes the front cover of Railway Modeller magazine can be almost impossible to distinguish from the real thing. The workmanship is that good.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan 13 16.3k 6 England
1 Jun 2013 8:58PM
Braking bones, usually my own Smile
Squirrel 8 403 3 England
1 Jun 2013 9:43PM
Karate
knownowt 4 24 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2013 6:45PM
Marshal motor bike road racing
like my country music have a few country gospel albums
robertt 9 80 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2013 7:13PM
Model engineering ( 5" gauge steam locomotives), Fishing,

robertt
Goldfynche 1 306 England
2 Jun 2013 7:26PM
I'd love a garden railway!

Gave up fishing, some years ago.
StrayCat Plus
11 15.9k 2 Canada
2 Jun 2013 9:00PM
Reading my ebooks; collecting ebooks; music, guitar, harmonica, keyboard (Roland KR500); researching the nature photos I take; Microsoft Flight Simulator X with dozens of add-ons. With MSFS I like to simulate famous/infamous flights, bush flying, which I did in real life in the sixties, and often when I see news reports of weather phenomenon, I select real time weather for that area and fly there. I also download missions and fly them. I had enough of details in my career, so I turn off ATC, and select about 50% realism mostly. I also use the built in camera and video facility in FS quite often. One project I did when I first got the program was to do a round-the-world flight in a DC3. I also have Microsoft's Railway, which is an absolutely amazing program. You need to get an engineer's manual to really get into it.

Denny
Nick_w Plus
7 4.1k 99 England
2 Jun 2013 9:17PM
Over the years I've had many interests and hobbies. Photography is the only one I've really kept up. I used to play a lot of Cricket, then excercises / gym (you wouldn't believe it now) and many others. I lose interest after awhile. I think photography has been different, as when I get bored with one genre I try something else.

Oh nearly forgot, history I keep dipping in and out of it - it is something I would like to combine in to my photography ( had a couple of still life's, but they are not quite there yet). I'm planning a trip to France later in the year with my daughter, who also has the same interest.
Goldfynche 1 306 England
2 Jun 2013 9:51PM
In the Flightradar24 forum which deals with all matters aircraft. There is a guy there who takes the most amazing pictures of high altitude airliners and their con trails using a very long lens. I haven't attempted to emulate them as yet. But am itching to have a go.
StrayCat Plus
11 15.9k 2 Canada
2 Jun 2013 10:28PM
I missed so many photo ops because I was so late getting into photography. On Transatlantic flights each aircraft is assigned a Mach speed for spacing, consequently you might fly on the same track as other aircraft, and be separated by only 2000 ft vertically. We've flown for hours just below, and aft of other aircraft, such as B747s. With changing light, the contrails can be spectacular.
Goldfynche 1 306 England
2 Jun 2013 10:48PM
Yes. I have watched them flying over Scotland, sometimes almost inseparable. Occasionally planes from two different airlines. Same departure airport and same destination.
And I have very often seen one flying in the wake and contrail of another one.
Goldfynche 1 306 England
2 Jun 2013 11:31PM
http://www.routemaster.org.uk/events/index/46

For anyone who might be interested. Though I warn you. There might be a bit of photography involved.
ade_mcfade Plus
10 15.1k 216 England
3 Jun 2013 10:39PM

Quote:
Haha ! me too I used a roland 303 groovebox then the digital version on pc for a while , on the headphones on your own , and now i spend time in the headphones on virtual DJ though you have to wear half a headphone to get that right Wink

We shall have to get together some time ade, sounds like we have a bit in common , I am from Middlesbrough ( unfortunately )

missed this...

yeah - boro's not that far away. The Triton's a beasty - full piano size - I've got a Korg MS2000 which has awesome filters and acid sounds, and is covered in knobs to tweak everything in real time
arhb Plus
7 2.6k 68 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2013 10:48PM
I still have my groovebox somewhere being neglected.
+1 with the MS2000 too - sublime thru to right dirty sounds - awesome synth - hated selling it.
I miss sound programming.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.