Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Any other interests apart from photography?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Goldfynche
1 Jun 2013 - 5:58 PM

So true. Although I have to concede that sometimes the front cover of Railway Modeller magazine can be almost impossible to distinguish from the real thing. The workmanship is that good.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jun 2013 - 5:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315350 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2013 - 8:58 PM

Braking bones, usually my own Smile

Squirrel
Squirrel  7377 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jun 2013 - 9:43 PM

Karate

knownowt
knownowt  3 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2013 - 6:45 PM

Marshal motor bike road racing

youmightlikethis
youmightlikethis e2 Member 121015 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
2 Jun 2013 - 6:51 PM

like my country music have a few country gospel albums

robertt
robertt  865 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Jun 2013 - 7:13 PM

Model engineering ( 5" gauge steam locomotives), Fishing,

robertt

Goldfynche
2 Jun 2013 - 7:26 PM

I'd love a garden railway!

Gave up fishing, some years ago.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014798 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2013 - 9:00 PM

Reading my ebooks; collecting ebooks; music, guitar, harmonica, keyboard (Roland KR500); researching the nature photos I take; Microsoft Flight Simulator X with dozens of add-ons. With MSFS I like to simulate famous/infamous flights, bush flying, which I did in real life in the sixties, and often when I see news reports of weather phenomenon, I select real time weather for that area and fly there. I also download missions and fly them. I had enough of details in my career, so I turn off ATC, and select about 50% realism mostly. I also use the built in camera and video facility in FS quite often. One project I did when I first got the program was to do a round-the-world flight in a DC3. I also have Microsoft's Railway, which is an absolutely amazing program. You need to get an engineer's manual to really get into it.

Denny

Last Modified By StrayCat at 2 Jun 2013 - 9:03 PM
Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73878 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2013 - 9:17 PM

Over the years I've had many interests and hobbies. Photography is the only one I've really kept up. I used to play a lot of Cricket, then excercises / gym (you wouldn't believe it now) and many others. I lose interest after awhile. I think photography has been different, as when I get bored with one genre I try something else.

Oh nearly forgot, history I keep dipping in and out of it - it is something I would like to combine in to my photography ( had a couple of still life's, but they are not quite there yet). I'm planning a trip to France later in the year with my daughter, who also has the same interest.

Goldfynche
2 Jun 2013 - 9:51 PM

In the Flightradar24 forum which deals with all matters aircraft. There is a guy there who takes the most amazing pictures of high altitude airliners and their con trails using a very long lens. I haven't attempted to emulate them as yet. But am itching to have a go.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014798 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jun 2013 - 10:28 PM

I missed so many photo ops because I was so late getting into photography. On Transatlantic flights each aircraft is assigned a Mach speed for spacing, consequently you might fly on the same track as other aircraft, and be separated by only 2000 ft vertically. We've flown for hours just below, and aft of other aircraft, such as B747s. With changing light, the contrails can be spectacular.

Goldfynche
2 Jun 2013 - 10:48 PM

Yes. I have watched them flying over Scotland, sometimes almost inseparable. Occasionally planes from two different airlines. Same departure airport and same destination.
And I have very often seen one flying in the wake and contrail of another one.

Goldfynche
2 Jun 2013 - 11:31 PM

http://www.routemaster.org.uk/events/index/46

For anyone who might be interested. Though I warn you. There might be a bit of photography involved.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014807 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2013 - 10:39 PM

Quote:
Haha ! me too I used a roland 303 groovebox then the digital version on pc for a while , on the headphones on your own , and now i spend time in the headphones on virtual DJ though you have to wear half a headphone to get that right Wink

We shall have to get together some time ade, sounds like we have a bit in common , I am from Middlesbrough ( unfortunately )

missed this...

yeah - boro's not that far away. The Triton's a beasty - full piano size - I've got a Korg MS2000 which has awesome filters and acid sounds, and is covered in knobs to tweak everything in real time

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72271 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2013 - 10:48 PM

I still have my groovebox somewhere being neglected.
+1 with the MS2000 too - sublime thru to right dirty sounds - awesome synth - hated selling it.
I miss sound programming.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.